So I installed this on my new PC...

by Elfire
Discuss anything to do with Audition here.

Elfire
Forum Council
Forum Council

So I installed this on my new PC...

Postby Elfire » November 30th, 2016, 6:52 pm

I don't even know why I did it, I'm pulling an all-nighter, have nothing better to do, nostalgia kicked in or some such, but this was pretty hilarious to me! ;Grin

I'm running a GTX1080 with i7-6700K, and I even installed it onto an SSD thinking it'd be a nice overkill ;Grin Aaaaaand while the game is running at about 120+ FPS on windowed (which is still kind of weird since I've seen people pull off stable 200 with older cards a couple years ago), the 3D animations seem like they're running at below 10 FPS. This doesn't really affect gameplay but everything just looks funny lol

I recorded a little video during my little adventure in Audition Town (clickie!), played 3 Lv4 Guitar Mode songs just to see if I still have it in me. Gotta admit it was pretty fun, I might come back to it later sometime to play some more. Thought I'd do much worse than I did - missed a lot on easy parts, but I almost didn't fail the 2-hand part in Run Again and did pretty okay switching from blue/pink to red keys on Bumper Car ;Grin

Anyways, is anyone experiencing anything similar? Could this be related to the new GPU architecture or a monitor thing? Has there maybe been a fix that I'm not aware of? ;Nml

EDIT: looks like sound is off-sync in the video, sorry about that ;w;
He's burned down many a bridge
And he's scared of walking in the dark
It hurts when the rain falls on his skin

Marcin

Re: So I installed this on my new PC...

Postby Marcin » December 1st, 2016, 3:38 am

The reason for character models and text lookin' as if it was running under 10FPS is because of .NET Framework - on modern systems, you have to reset it from time to time. The reason for this is unknown.

Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Functions -> Turn on/off Windows' features -> Wait for it to load the list of items -> Uncheck .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0 versions) -> Click on OK. Wait and restart the system.

Check if you can run Audition that way. If not, turn it back on and restart. That should do it.
Always remember: Never accept the world as it appears to be.
Dare to see it, for what it could be.

Elfire
Forum Council
Forum Council

Postby Elfire » December 1st, 2016, 4:37 am

Marcin wrote in Re: So I installed this on my new PC...:The reason for character models and text lookin' as if it was running under 10FPS is because of .NET Framework - on modern systems, you have to reset it from time to time. The reason for this is unknown.

Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Functions -> Turn on/off Windows' features -> Wait for it to load the list of items -> Uncheck .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0 versions) -> Click on OK. Wait and restart the system.

Check if you can run Audition that way. If not, turn it back on and restart. That should do it.

Thanks, Marcin! Will try somewhere along the line today!

EDIT: It worked ;Nml

tgfcoder
Owner and Creator of Tgforums
Premium Donator
Owner and Creator of Tgforums

Postby tgfcoder » December 1st, 2016, 7:53 pm

~ ;Angl ~

Leebyn
Graduate Junior
Graduate Junior

Postby Leebyn » December 2nd, 2016, 12:40 am

Heya Paulie~ wb to Audition!

Yeah the 10 fps animations are something weird about Windows 8+, since the conflict doesn't happen in Windows 7 even with similar .NET Framework versions. I found that solution purely by luck and it doesn't work in all cases but I'm glad it worked for you.

Remember to play in full screen for the highest framerate if you have NVIDIA graphics. You should get 200 fps in Windows 7 or 180 fps in Windows 10 with a stock 6700k. The ~120 is some sort of sync (vertical or adaptive?) under your monitor refresh limit. The integrated Intel Graphics on Haswell and newer can get 144 fps on a 144Hz monitor actually lol.
Yes, I am lurking ;Sly
1) Leebyn (♥Greentlover)
2) Ribbon 3+4) Zindagi and Pyaar ज़िन्दगी और प्यार
CHARLEMAGNE : Intel Core i5-4670k(4.2GHz@1.181v), Asus Z87-A, Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2x8GB@1600MHz, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB, Intel X25-M 80GB, Seasonic SSR-650RM, Corsair 400R, CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Red)
Tiers too hard | Facebook | Youtube | Stream | irl lol | Redbana Forums Profile

Marcin

Postby Marcin » December 2nd, 2016, 3:09 am

Glad it worked for you. Whenever I have similar issue, I just reset .NET Framework but it gets tiresome after a while.
Always remember: Never accept the world as it appears to be.
Dare to see it, for what it could be.

Elfire
Forum Council
Forum Council

Postby Elfire » December 2nd, 2016, 9:30 am

Leebyn wrote in Re: So I installed this on my new PC...:Heya Paulie~ wb to Audition!

Yeah the 10 fps animations are something weird about Windows 8+, since the conflict doesn't happen in Windows 7 even with similar .NET Framework versions. I found that solution purely by luck and it doesn't work in all cases but I'm glad it worked for you.

Remember to play in full screen for the highest framerate if you have NVIDIA graphics. You should get 200 fps in Windows 7 or 180 fps in Windows 10 with a stock 6700k. The ~120 is some sort of sync (vertical or adaptive?) under your monitor refresh limit. The integrated Intel Graphics on Haswell and newer can get 144 fps on a 144Hz monitor actually lol.

Hey you 1338 emo master ;Grin

Hmm, weird! I disabled Vsync on Nvidia CP and set the Preferred Refresh Rate=Highest available. I switched to fullscreen too.
I also tried with all the Monitor Technology settings I have in there -- G-Sync, Fixed Refresh and ULMB (what the heck is that thing I felt like I started seeing sounds when I enabled that LOL), but I seem to be stuck at ~120~160. #firstworldproblems LOL

Return to Audition