Blade and Soul (NA/EU)

by haifrosch
Discussion about any other games or gaming in general can go here!
Forum rules Tag your threads [Game Name] if applicable. Thank you :)

haifrosch

Blade and Soul (NA/EU)

Postby haifrosch » January 31st, 2016, 4:43 am

Blade and Soul (or short BnS) is a Korean MMORPG with (imo) a big focus on PvP/Arena. What makes BnS so appealing compared to other MMORPGs like World of Warcraft is the the arcade-like movement playstyle with less "point and click" but free target combat style (as an anology more skillshots in League Of Legends vs more target+cast in Dota 2). You're able to dodge, jump and predict your opponents moves which makes PvP so fun and rewarding in BnS.
The game itself is old (4 years) but it has been released and translated (even though still poor translations) for the the western countries on 19th January 2016.
The reason why BnS is so hyped for the western release is because of the introduction of NA/EU servers. BnS relies on reaction based movements and therefore requires to have a low ping/latency which is just not possible if you play on KR/CN/TW servers.

Check out the game on http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/ and have fun leveling/playing ;Yay

Note:
It might be a good idea to agree on a server for everyone (NA/EU) if people want to play together ;Mkup
Right now some of my Audi friends play on Cardinals Gate (EU), I personally play on the german server [DE] Frostgipfel (EU) because of real life friends but i'm gonna make another char on Cardianals to join my Audi friends ;Sng

It is still possible to play Arena/enter Dungeons through the Crossserver Dungeon finder if you being end up on different servers but it is not possible to quest/do open world stuff together.
Last edited by haifrosch on February 1st, 2016, 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pose
Champion
Champion

Re: Blade and Soul (NA/EU)

Postby Pose » January 31st, 2016, 6:20 am

I'd say this game is more similar to TERA than to League if there was to be a comparison ;Sng but it's still a great game nonetheless

I play on NA servers Iksanun, Master Hong and Juwol cuz american friends errwhere ;VV
Image~ •○☼ OCTOPI FAM ☼○• ~Image

○ You wish you were us ○

Hmm
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Hmm » January 31st, 2016, 7:26 am

I've played BnS since it was first released in the US. I've been waiting for it since forever, but unfortunately, with my college's internet, BnS only works once in a while for a few minutes for me. But I play in NA server in Yehara with my friends. xD

¤ᴙшдЯ¤
Forum Council
Forum Council

Postby ¤ᴙшдЯ¤ » January 31st, 2016, 7:28 am

B&S be fun game. Until I got to the point in the story I thought it was trash. ;Spit
There was plot twist.
WHY DID YOU DO THIS. ;CryP
LF> Gold.
#teamYehara
~
Also, this game is more comparable to literally any other mmo that has a similar combat style.
Comparing it to League is silly.

Hello.
I hardly exist.
Stuck in the Voltex.

Yujin
Scout
Scout

Postby Yujin » January 31st, 2016, 10:44 am

I downloaded it and made a character (Juwol I think, bc that's where my RL friends play) but I haven't actually started playing yet LOOOL.
Enlist in my pumpkin army today!
Winter ♥ Jerk ♥ Seoul ♥ Yujin (KAU/KWIA)

haifrosch

Postby haifrosch » February 1st, 2016, 1:20 am

Sorry it was poorly worded then. I wasn't comparing Bns itself to League as in game wise but the combat nature of these games O_O
It used to be point and cast-style like World of Warcraft, older MMOs vs free targeting/aiming like Guild Wars 2, TERA.

OR to attempt an analogy for those who are more familiar with League of Legends, with more focus on the mechanical, brawling part (skillshots/aiming, dodging) vs Dota 2 which is often said more decision based, tactical and less mechanical.

PS. Yes it would be silly to compare MMOs to MOBA/ARTS games but that wasn't my point, should've have added Dota 2 as comparison ;Spy

Calories

Postby Calories » February 23rd, 2016, 12:50 pm

Pose wrote in Re: Blade and Soul (NA/EU):
I'd say this game is more similar to TERA than to League if there was to be a comparison ;Sng but it's still a great game nonetheless

I play on NA servers Iksanun, Master Hong and Juwol cuz american friends errwhere ;VV

Is it better than TERA?

Pose
Champion
Champion

Postby Pose » February 26th, 2016, 3:11 am

Calories wrote in Re: Blade and Soul (NA/EU):
Pose wrote in Re: Blade and Soul (NA/EU):

Is it better than TERA?

Depends tbh/ In terms of optimization its wayyyyy better than TERA but both have their own elements, Blade and Soul focuses more on a world of Martial Arts so it's quite a traditional game with traditional outfits and cool looking moves you would see in like an intense Japanese samurai movie or something xD TERA is more of a fantasy world based with a focus on huge monsters that need to be taken down which is probably why TERA has more weapons that involve more flashy attacks and spells with vibrant colours and excessive need for dodging and timing skills. Hmmm in terms of difficulty I'd say TERA is easier as there are certain classes which are just OP and can solo the entire game but Blade and Soul doesn't focus itself of having team comps where there HAS to be a tank or there HAS to be a healer, each class is one to each their own. Each class can hold up their own weight which I like as I know a lot of people who play a mystic or priest in TERA have a hard time because they're just healers they don't do much damage and so find it harder to make it to end game where this is not the case for Blade and Soul
Image~ •○☼ OCTOPI FAM ☼○• ~Image

○ You wish you were us ○

Return to All other games