Nintendo 2DS/3DS

by Maky
Discussion about any other games or gaming in general can go here!
Forum rules Tag your threads [Game Name] if applicable. Thank you :)

Maky

Nintendo 2DS/3DS

Postby Maky » December 30th, 2015, 11:47 pm

I'm wondering what are some good games for the 3DS? I already have beaten X/Y and Omega Ruby (relived my childhood omg it was great) but I was wondering what some other good games were?
Fantasy life has interested me, do any of you know if it's a good game?

I'm open to suggestions ;Grin

“I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.”
– Unknown

tgfcoder
Owner and Creator of Tgforums
Premium Donator

Re: Nintendo 2DS/3DS

Postby tgfcoder » December 30th, 2015, 11:49 pm

Lol jk idk I haven't had a Nintendo console since the 64/original Gameboy Advance.

Maky

Postby Maky » December 30th, 2015, 11:51 pm

tgfcoder wrote in Re: Nintendo 2DS/3DS:Image

Lol jk idk I haven't had a Nintendo console since the 64/original Gameboy Advance.

I've heard about animal crossing, but never really understood what the gameplay is like, I guess I'll go ahead and look it up.
I've heard from a lot of people that it's good

“I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.”
– Unknown

tgfcoder
Premium Donator

Postby tgfcoder » December 30th, 2015, 11:53 pm

I never really played it but I think its like Harvest Moon + The Sims?

¤ᴙшдЯ¤
Forum Council
Forum Council

Postby ¤ᴙшдЯ¤ » December 31st, 2015, 8:00 am

I'm trying to convince my friend with as to get legendaries and trade so we can get the combo legendaries since I have or. ;CryP
I'm not gonna lie, I played a lot of project mirai and smash. ;Spy

I'M WAITING FOR POKEMON Z. ;MadP

Hello.
I hardly exist.
Stuck in the Voltex.

Maky

Postby Maky » December 31st, 2015, 2:57 pm

¤ᴙшдЯ¤ wrote in Re: Nintendo 2DS/3DS:
I'm trying to convince my friend with as to get legendaries and trade so we can get the combo legendaries since I have or. ;CryP
I'm not gonna lie, I played a lot of project mirai and smash. ;Spy

I'M WAITING FOR POKEMON Z. ;MadP

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about Z. X/Y Was actually a really good game, easily the best pokemon since pearl/diamond. But Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald will always be my favorite
I'd get Smash Bros if I didn't already have it on my Wii U and bought all the DLC characters. I'd just have to drop another $40 for the game then some more for the DLC lol :(

– Unknown

Yujin
Scout
Scout

Postby Yujin » January 1st, 2016, 3:20 am

ACNL is pretty fun, especially if you've played the previous Animal Crossing titles and it's your type of gameplay. AC is very relaxing and is an expression based game, obviously, rather than action or drama. The characters are adorable and if you're into things like landscaping, interior design, or collecting, it's definitely for you!

I have Fantasy Life but I haven't played for a while because I've been so busy - from the amount I've played it's quite cute. Kind of like a bite-sized MMORPG in terms of style and gameplay. It can get a little repetitive after awhile, I think, but if you enjoy grinding and running around doing quests definitely give it a go.

Of course other huge names for the 3DS were Fire Emblem Awakening, Smash Bros, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, LoZ Link Between Worlds, the OoT/Majora's Mask remakes, Triforce Heroes, and I believe we can expect a 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors iirc from E3 announcements :3
Enlist in my pumpkin army today!
Winter ♥ Jerk ♥ Seoul ♥ Yujin (KAU/KWIA)

Maky

Postby Maky » January 1st, 2016, 5:28 am

Yujin wrote in Re: Nintendo 2DS/3DS:ACNL is pretty fun, especially if you've played the previous Animal Crossing titles and it's your type of gameplay. AC is very relaxing and is an expression based game, obviously, rather than action or drama. The characters are adorable and if you're into things like landscaping, interior design, or collecting, it's definitely for you!

I have Fantasy Life but I haven't played for a while because I've been so busy - from the amount I've played it's quite cute. Kind of like a bite-sized MMORPG in terms of style and gameplay. It can get a little repetitive after awhile, I think, but if you enjoy grinding and running around doing quests definitely give it a go.

Of course other huge names for the 3DS were Fire Emblem Awakening, Smash Bros, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, LoZ Link Between Worlds, the OoT/Majora's Mask remakes, Triforce Heroes, and I believe we can expect a 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors iirc from E3 announcements :3

I believe I will try Fantasy life then!
I also totally forgot about the Zelda games on the DS, definitely gotta look into those. Thanks for the help!

– Unknown

Annay
Hatchling
Hatchling

Postby Annay » January 1st, 2016, 11:56 am

Rune factory 4 is similar to Fantasy Life, but with a mix of harvest moon. You can use any weapon, depending on your preference. You would also need to farm, but you can tame monsters to help or even fight with you later. There would be bachelors//bachelorettes to choose. You can ask villagers to join your party and fight when you have a closer relationship. (Not that I ever). There's requests and events to do. Last but not least, the storyline is really nice. ;GrinP
Hmu if you play MH4U, MHGen or RO! ;-)

Leebyn
Graduate Junior
Graduate Junior

Postby Leebyn » January 3rd, 2016, 10:22 pm

My brother has Fantasy Life and he likes it. I don't have the spare time to put into that game but it interested me as well.

If you like Pokemon, grab Pokemon Shuffle from the eShop since it's free~ it's one of those match 3 puzzle games. There's also Pokemon Picross which more freemium than free, and Pokemon Rumble which got a bit repetitive for me but hey it's also free.

I liked Animal Crossing : New Leaf but I drifted away from that game and now I'm afraid to launch it in fear of my villagers all moving out ;Bawl haha It's as casual as you want it, and real time multiplayer walking around other players' towns is fun. I still have the most hours played in ACNL out of all the games in my library.

The Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney Trilogy is a good one if you haven't played the 3 games on the DS (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Justice For All, Trials and Tribulations.) As far as I know it's the same content as those three older DS games but with updated sprites. It's basically a visual novel but you have to poke around and talk to people to get the story to progress. Dual Destinies is the other 3DS title, but you might want to play Apollo Justice (DS), the Miles Edgeworth game(s) (DS), and then the Professor Layton crossover (3DS) before that Dual Destinies for the whole story.

I'm waiting for the Rhythm Heaven NA release but Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call is pretty good for my rhythm game fix. Apparently they worked hard to make it run and read input at 60 fps so it's playable. You can pick stylus or button input methods. There are a lot of DLC songs but the included library is sufficient if you don't want to spend more money.
Yes, I am lurking ;Sly
1) Leebyn (♥Greentlover)
2) Ribbon 3+4) Zindagi and Pyaar ज़िन्दगी और प्यार
CHARLEMAGNE : Intel Core i5-4670k(4.2GHz@1.181v), Asus Z87-A, Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2x8GB@1600MHz, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB, Intel X25-M 80GB, Seasonic SSR-650RM, Corsair 400R, CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Red)
Tiers too hard | Facebook | Youtube | Stream | irl lol | Redbana Forums Profile

Next

Return to All other games