So I got stung by a wasp for the first time ever...

by Holly
Talk about anything and everything.

Holly
Senior Warden
Senior Warden

So I got stung by a wasp for the first time ever...

Postby Holly » September 30th, 2015, 6:00 pm

in 18 years...it's been around 6 hrs and it's still swollen.
What do you guys usually do? It stung me on my arm but i cant even find the exact spot, the whole area is just red and it stinging pretty badly. ;Cold

wish i killed it man

Yujin
Scout
Scout

Re: So I got stung by a wasp for the first time ever...

Postby Yujin » September 30th, 2015, 6:29 pm

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry ;;; I've never been stung by a bee/wasp before so I'm really scared of them >O<

You got the stinger out right?
Enlist in my pumpkin army today!
Winter ♥ Jerk ♥ Seoul ♥ Yujin (KAU/KWIA)

Hmm
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Hmm » September 30th, 2015, 7:02 pm

Aww, I've actually never been stung by a wasp before. Feel better though!
Have you tried wrapping ice with a cloth and placing it on the sting? Also, might wanna try to elevate your arm a bit. I hear it helps.
And like Yujin said, make sure you got the stinger out.

tgfcoder
Owner and Creator of Tgforums
Premium Donator
Owner and Creator of Tgforums

Postby tgfcoder » September 30th, 2015, 7:07 pm

I guess it's obvious you didn't have an allergic reaction / anaphylaxis so that's good. The stinger shouldn't break off like a bee's, so don't be worried if you don't see it. You can treat the swelling with cold such as an ice pack (don't leave it on for more than 15 minutes at a time) and just make sure to keep the wound clean and dry to prevent infection. Hydrocortisone cream or calamine lotion, if you have it, should help with skin itching/irritation. Antihistamines can also reduce itching. Pain medications such as ibuprofen can help reduce the pain. It should go away by itself within a week.

What were you doing when the wasp stung you? ;Mkup

Couture
Administrator
Premium Donator
Administrator

Postby Couture » September 30th, 2015, 7:17 pm

tgfcoder wrote in Re: So I got stung by a wasp for the first time ever...:I guess it's obvious you didn't have an allergic reaction / anaphylaxis so that's good. The stinger shouldn't break off like a bee's, so don't be worried if you don't see it. You can treat the swelling with cold such as an ice pack (don't leave it on for more than 15 minutes at a time) and just make sure to keep the wound clean and dry to prevent infection. Hydrocortisone cream or calamine lotion, if you have it, should help with skin itching/irritation. Antihistamines can also reduce itching. Pain medications such as ibuprofen can help reduce the pain. It should go away by itself within a week.

^

Poor Holly ;w;. I hope you feel better soon. Sorry you had to experience that. I too have never been stung before but, I am sure it's no fun xD.
Gabzie ♥ Jordan
"Life isn't a spectator sport. If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your life go by without you."

Signature Credits to: tgfcoder (my love♥).

Pose
Champion
Champion

Postby Pose » October 1st, 2015, 3:44 am

I've never been stung but I've once stood next to a friend while she was getting stung ;Spy it was not a pretty sight
Image~ •○☼ OCTOPI FAM ☼○• ~Image

○ You wish you were us ○

Victory

Postby Victory » October 1st, 2015, 10:57 am

scream & call 911.
;Spy

its what id do.

Luna
Junior
Junior

Postby Luna » October 6th, 2015, 2:32 pm

tgfcoder wrote in Re: So I got stung by a wasp for the first time ever...:I guess it's obvious you didn't have an allergic reaction / anaphylaxis so that's good. The stinger shouldn't break off like a bee's, so don't be worried if you don't see it. You can treat the swelling with cold such as an ice pack (don't leave it on for more than 15 minutes at a time) and just make sure to keep the wound clean and dry to prevent infection. Hydrocortisone cream or calamine lotion, if you have it, should help with skin itching/irritation. Antihistamines can also reduce itching. Pain medications such as ibuprofen can help reduce the pain. It should go away by itself within a week.

You seem like an expert..

I got stung by a bee once during gymclass. ;Hmph
Lynnet Stefan

Return to Off-topic