FOOD FRENZY 2015!

by Kickass
All events including forum, community and in-game events (Audition, LoL, etc.) are here.

¤ᴙшдЯ¤
Forum Council
Forum Council

Re: FOOD FRENZY 2015!

Postby ¤ᴙшдЯ¤ » April 6th, 2015, 2:12 pm

Badass wrote in Re: FOOD FRENZY 2015!:
¤ᴙшдЯ¤ wrote in Re: FOOD FRENZY 2015!:
Gl with the event. ;Up
*casually stares at all of the unspoken web design rules being broken; twitches a little bit; proceeds to move on*

What web design rules are there? We just decided to do an event site because the forums wouldve just been a huge wall of text or have the same look and design on the forums page but the pictures wouldve been really compressed to read, so the site made it easier to display everything. + There are features on the site that RB forums doesn't have or support. So please DO share your opinions on what changes should be made since you think there's so many problems? Dont just say theres problems and not give me advice on how to fix it lmao. Tell me HOW to FIX it and I'll do it. o-o

I didn't say anything because it wasn't necessary. It's just an event page that is meant to be temporary and attracts an audience that would, or may not, like the way it is presented.
Overall, it just looked like a cluster of random things that distract from the main content.
I mostly look at professional web design that follows UX design.
If you really want some criticism, then:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
1. Music player: Don't make it autoplay. Nothing is more annoying than opening a page and it suddenly starts playing music without the user indicating as such. Also, there's a gap between that and the top of the website. It's very... Inconsistent. In "SITE_HEADER" remove top: 28px; . Unless, this is was created using drag and drop. I wish you luck.
2. Background: Ouch, ouch, ouch. Too many colors, moves too much. Stick to a color palette.
3. Inconsistencies: The buttons man, the images that are SUPPOSED to be on the button? They aren't on the button. They're floating above the button.
Also, too much stuff is moving. Why, why, why. Too many colors detract from the main purpose, again. The transitions for text floating in. Why is it there? It delays the user from reading the content, and being distracted from the main content.
Tasklists isn't highlighted when list 1 is chosen.
4. Code: Absolute positioning? For the whole thing?! I'll assume that this was created using drag and drop and move on from it.
5. Insert other stuff here. I'm kinda too lazy right now. I have stuff to do, projects to work on.

If you want to look at good websites for inspiration, that follow the modern design trend: http://www.awwwards.com/

Hello.
I hardly exist.
Stuck in the Voltex.

Badass
Junior Warden
Junior Warden

Postby Badass » April 7th, 2015, 7:42 am

Badass wrote in Re: FOOD FRENZY 2015!:
Gl with the event. ;Up
*casually stares at all of the unspoken web design rules being broken; twitches a little bit; proceeds to move on*

What web design rules are there? We just decided to do an event site because the forums wouldve just been a huge wall of text or have the same look and design on the forums page but the pictures wouldve been really compressed to read, so the site made it easier to display everything. + There are features on the site that RB forums doesn't have or support. So please DO share your opinions on what changes should be made since you think there's so many problems? Dont just say theres problems and not give me advice on how to fix it lmao. Tell me HOW to FIX it and I'll do it. o-o

I didn't say anything because it wasn't necessary. It's just an event page that is meant to be temporary and attracts an audience that would, or may not, like the way it is presented.
Overall, it just looked like a cluster of random things that distract from the main content.
I mostly look at professional web design that follows UX design.
If you really want some criticism, then:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
1. Music player: Don't make it autoplay. Nothing is more annoying than opening a page and it suddenly starts playing music without the user indicating as such. Also, there's a gap between that and the top of the website. It's very... Inconsistent. In "SITE_HEADER" remove top: 28px; . Unless, this is was created using drag and drop. I wish you luck.
2. Background: Ouch, ouch, ouch. Too many colors, moves too much. Stick to a color palette.
3. Inconsistencies: The buttons man, the images that are SUPPOSED to be on the button? They aren't on the button. They're floating above the button.
Also, too much stuff is moving. Why, why, why. Too many colors detract from the main purpose, again. The transitions for text floating in. Why is it there? It delays the user from reading the content, and being distracted from the main content.
Tasklists isn't highlighted when list 1 is chosen.
4. Code: Absolute positioning? For the whole thing?! I'll assume that this was created using drag and drop and move on from it.
5. Insert other stuff here. I'm kinda too lazy right now. I have stuff to do, projects to work on.

If you want to look at good websites for inspiration, that follow the modern design trend: http://www.awwwards.com/

Oh okay. Thanks for the feedback I'll make some more changes ;Up
--
4/7: So far we have donated over 250,000 grains of rice in less than a week! That's amazing.

Prize pool for Free Rice will be posted later today
Frenzy and Rice Meter will be posted later today
Participant Embelms will be posted later today

We are also considering changing the other 3 items for the MVP mission. If we do, Frenzies and Frenzinite leaders will get a PM and whisper from me on Audition stating so and we will post the notfication here! If you do not get a PM, your PM inbox is full!
Badass Kickass ♥ 1,000,000+/2M
"It's like we're 2 seeds in the same pot, we g r o w together"
;Flwr εїзHOURLY GARDEN GUIDE HEREεїз ;Flwr

Kickass
Scout
Scout

Postby Kickass » April 8th, 2015, 9:04 am

4/8
The participant section has been updated here
There are still a number of you that haven't turned in an emblem/badge. If you do not by the time the event starts we will make one for you.
Sup?
AAU:Kickass
Badass ;Lttr 1,000,000+/2M

Badass
Junior Warden
Junior Warden

Postby Badass » April 9th, 2015, 1:45 pm

4/9 : We have gained over 600,000 grains of rice already in a week and 2 days since the event has launched! *_* Keep getting those grains!

-Dont forget , if you sign up for the main event and if you would like to get more points and have a chance at other awesome prizes , make a Free Rice account and join our group here http://freerice.com/content-group/food-frenzy-2015 and get started! Frenzinite teams that make a Free Rice account will share that 1 account!

-If you dont want to join the main Frenzy event, you are still welcomed to join the Free Rice event just make sure you fill out the Free Rice form so we know who you are!Free Rice sign up form is found here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oti...?usp=send_form

-Announcement of the start-end date will be in 7 days! Keep track of the timer!

We are also going to change the last 3 items on the MVP mission by tonight at 12PM EST. Frenzies and Frezinite leaders keep a lookout for a PM because you will be notified. Make sure you have enough space in your PM inbox or else you will not get the ingame notification!

Frenzinites: Remember you guys are a team so you need to work together! Your whole team should be in the SS when taking these screenshots! Get used to working together,you're going to need it hehe.
Badass Kickass ♥ 1,000,000+/2M
"It's like we're 2 seeds in the same pot, we g r o w together"
;Flwr εїзHOURLY GARDEN GUIDE HEREεїз ;Flwr

Kickass
Scout
Scout

Postby Kickass » April 9th, 2015, 4:17 pm

Site URL has changed to badassevents.wix.com/foodfrenzy
Sup?

Kickass
Scout
Scout

Postby Kickass » April 9th, 2015, 11:17 pm

Congrats to Frenzie, SOUNDSWORD on being our first MVP winner! Please request any of the following items below and it will be sent in the duration of 7 days!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a 1st Round MVP freebie, we will give out 1 of the 2 items listed below to any Frenzie or Frenzinite team that completed the mission but didnt turn in the submission quick enough for MVP! Message us and it will be sent for the duration of 7 days/redeemed in your TASKBOOK
Frenzinites: If you choose the face, you and your team will get a face. If you choose the points you'll only receive 2 TASKBOOK points!
Kimchi
Sushibap
SloPokes
PRINCETB
Aloha
Surge
Beastly

A new Pre-Event MVP mission will be listed under Pre-Event List 1 under TASKLISTS on April 11th!
Sup?

Kickass
Scout
Scout

Postby Kickass » April 10th, 2015, 8:38 am

4/10
-All participants that have signed up have received a Welcome notification on skype,ingame,forums or through email
-If you wish to, feel free to add our skype for faster notifications (f00dfrenzy)
-MVP winner(s) prizes have been sent/redeemed. If you havent let us know which prize you want, tell us ASAP!
*SOUND SWORD,Kimchi,Sushibap,SloPokes,PRINCETB,Aloha,Surge,Beastly
-If you did not put a skype/email for us to message you at , you received a welcome PM in game.
-If you did not get a PM in-game, your memo is Blocked From Stranger or your PM box is full.
*Explosion and PRINCETB
-Chemical symbols (Full list and Basic) have been removed from FreeRice topics.
-Pre-Event MVP mission 2 will be posted on 4/11 at 12AM EST
-Start and End date voting ends and will be announced in 6 days!

There is still time to sign up if you havent! You have until one week after the event starts!

If you've signed up there is still time to do "Make it Official" and "Let's get cookin!" till the event starts. If you do not do "Make It Official", we will make an emblem for you~
Sup?

Kickass
Scout
Scout

Postby Kickass » April 10th, 2015, 9:32 pm

Pre-event MVP Mission 2 has been posted! Goodluck
Keep a lookout, the matching outfits will change daily ! You all have a week to be the first to turn in the mission!
http://badassevents.wix.com/foodfrenzy#!task-1/c1sx2

There is still time to sign up for the event if you havent! You'll have a shot at some awesome pre-event prizes!
Sup?

Kickass
Scout
Scout

Postby Kickass » April 16th, 2015, 8:10 pm

OFFICIAL START DATE OF FOOD FRENZY IS MAY 15th-JUNE 15th!

You all voted on which dates would suit you best, May 15th-June 15th is the date!
We will post a full schedule of when tasks are going to be and when they are going to be due,drop out dates,and announcement of winners soon!
You will have a week after the event starts to sign up!
If you havent signed up already please make sure you understand the mechanics !
--
MVP #2 ENDS TODAY! Do you have your 3 outfits yet? Go out and find us !
5k GoCash code will be given to this weeks MVP
Participants have been added
If you have not recieved a welcome PM, please let us know!
You can keep in contact with us faster through the event skype : f00dfrenzy
If you have any questions ask Kickass and I
Sup?

Kickass
Scout
Scout

Postby Kickass » April 16th, 2015, 9:10 pm

Congrats to ALOHA for winning this weeks MVP! Your 5,000 BC code will be sent to your Frenzinite Leaders' skype or you can send us a request on an item in mall and we'll send it to your giftbox!
Participants that didnt turn it in first will choose between the following prizes.
If your team chooses x2 EXP , you all be gifted 1 (20 times) EXP card. If you choose the points, you will only have 3 TASKBOOK points added!
Image or Image
Beastly
Foodies Of Legends
SloPokes
The Shadow
Mix
PRE EVENT MVP MISSION #3 WILL BE POSTED ON 4/18 AT 12AM!
Sup?

PreviousNext

Return to Events