[Season 5] Provisional Matches

by Marcin
Discuss anything to do with LoL here.

Marcin

[Season 5] Provisional Matches

Postby Marcin » January 24th, 2015, 8:39 pm

New League of Legends' ranked season is out. For lots of us, league players, that means lots of new exciting battles to be fought, lots of humble victories and gracious defeats, but also countless fights with people simply not suitable for this game (that is: trolls, afks or toxic people).

How did your provisional matches go? What do you think about so called soft reset? Do you think it and/or new system is fair? Were you happily surprised or rather frightened with the matches so far and/or final results after all ten matches? Speak! Share your thoughts & experience.

My profile on EUNE.OP.GG

I'll start. Well, this is mine. I managed to win 9 out of 10 provisional matches this season. This is by far the best result I have ever gotten by myself and the best after a huge break from League when the previous season ended. I have to say that taking a break from the game really helps. Especially when you've had enough of this game and its' people - it's good to take breaks and play or do something else! Not only you're actually having fun while playing after a long time but somehow you're also more focused on the game and resistant from toxicity when it arises. Since I started to livestream my matches for Gabby to teach her a thing or two (like common spots, common mistakes that players do) and show the general level difficulty between Gold and Platinum on EUNE, I started to keep a track of my own mistakes. I've done that really rarely in the past until now. Thinking about what I just did, about what just happened and what could've been better really, somehow, improved my general approach to the game.

I guess my results had something to do with lucky matchmaking as well. Duh, no doubt in that. I tried to play ranked games during midnight hours to avoid toxicity at all cost from those foolish kids thinking and saying how almighty they really are. At least for once I wanted to play with people that actually want to have a fun and competitive match regardless if it's a loss. Surprisingly, it worked! Not only most of them were kind but also, to my surprise, I got carried twice when I needed it the most (when I was forced to fill in with the remaining roles that I had troubles with).

I honestly have no idea why certain people end up getting to like-- Gold or Silver although they've won lots of matches and lost only few (win ratio still higher than lose ratio). I know your previous MMR counts towards this, but seriously. I am a perfect example of its' weirdness. I, myself, had an MMR of a Gold in previous season (basically near its' conclusion), but managed to remain or survive the drop back to Gold I from Platinum V. I honestly thought I will end up getting maximum Gold I, Platinum V or IV judging by my previous MMR and recent matches history, but to my surprise I got to even higher division than in previous season!

I didn't think of being a real "platinum" in the past. I thought I appeal more to the gold rank. Today, I think I really earned it this time ;Nml!
Always remember: Never accept the world as it appears to be.
Dare to see it, for what it could be.

Couture
Administrator
Premium Donator
Administrator

Re: [Season 5] Provisional Matches

Postby Couture » January 24th, 2015, 8:58 pm

Congrats on landing in Platinum!

I honestly don't feel like it's very fair because, I always seem to be matched up with people in gold-silver, and on EUNE I was actually matched up with a Platinum/Golds/silvers.

Even on NA, where I didn't have any MMR since I never played ranked before S5 (just hit 30 in Dec after S4 ended). It's very hard for me to play and know where exactly where I belong because I keep getting harder people/trolls/afks etc :/ and I don't want to stay up late just to play. Someone like me who is still very new to it, I know I play okay. I'm not pro or anything, but it's hard for me to have fun when someone is screaming at me to be more aggressive when i'm not comfortable (or even lvl 6 during a match..) and have the feeling like if I dive towers just so they can get kills, then scream at me for feeding =_=.
I've only played 4 ranked games total and I hate it :c.
Gabzie ♥ Jordan
"Life isn't a spectator sport. If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your life go by without you."

Signature Credits to: tgfcoder (my love♥).
50   Top

Maky

Postby Maky » January 24th, 2015, 10:31 pm

The key to soloq ranked is mute everyone, ward sh*t and don't feed.
;Sng

Well, if you're in Wood atleast.

“I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.”
– Unknown
50   Top

¤ᴙшдЯ¤
Forum Council
Forum Council

Postby ¤ᴙшдЯ¤ » January 25th, 2015, 9:00 am

Maky wrote in Re: [Season 5] Provisional Matches:The key to soloq ranked is mute everyone

islandpineapple
Forum Graphic Artist
Forum Graphic Artist

Postby islandpineapple » February 7th, 2015, 7:23 pm

LUL nice. i went from like plat 5 to silver2 x) #sosad

✣ LoL ✣ | ♪ Youtube ♪ | ❃ Webpage ❃ | ♦Art Shop♦

⊰There's two kinds of people in this world; ones that eat to live, and ones that live to eat⊱
[sig-PinePine]

Couture
Administrator
Premium Donator
Administrator

Postby Couture » February 7th, 2015, 7:25 pm

islandpineapple wrote in Re: [Season 5] Provisional Matches:

LUL nice. i went from like plat 5 to silver2 x) #sosad

Aw :c I actually jumped from Silver IV to Silver II last week. I'm afraid to continue on LOL.
Gabzie ♥ Jordan
"Life isn't a spectator sport. If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your life go by without you."

Signature Credits to: tgfcoder (my love♥).

Return to League of Legends