Going to Hawaii ;Nml

by tgfcoder
Chat about anything here casually or play forum games. Post count does not count here.

tgfcoder
Owner and Creator of Tgforums
Premium Donator

Going to Hawaii ;Nml

Postby tgfcoder » April 20th, 2016, 7:43 am

So it's official, we're going to stay in Hawaii for a week at the end of May/beginning of June. Just some time to unwind and relax away from everything and everyone ;Angl Will post pics. Anyone been? Anyone recommend any activities? We're thinking snorkeling, whale watching, surfing maybe. Obviously beach n chill too. ;VVP

Hmm
Oracle
Oracle

Re: Going to Hawaii ;Nml

Postby Hmm » April 20th, 2016, 8:01 am

tgfcoder wrote in Going to Hawaii ;Nml:So it's official, we're going to stay in Hawaii for a week at the end of May/beginning of June. Just some time to unwind and relax away from everything and everyone ;Angl Will post pics. Anyone been? Anyone recommend any activities? We're thinking snorkeling, whale watching, surfing maybe. Obviously beach n chill too. ;VVP

Words cannot describe how envious I am of you two right now.
LOL
I've always wanted to visit Hawaii at least once in my lifetime. It's pretty much one of my life goals on my bucket list.
But anyway, hope you guys have tons of fun! ;GrinP
Adopt me as your daughter and bring me with you please.
;Sob
50   Top

Couture
Administrator
Premium Donator
Administrator

Postby Couture » April 20th, 2016, 8:06 am

Hmm wrote in Re: Going to Hawaii ;Nml:
LOL
I've always wanted to visit Hawaii at least once in my lifetime. It's pretty much one of my life goals on my bucket list.
;Sob

Okay but i'm going to baby you the entire time and do the whole 'mom' thing ;Shy LOL!
Gabzie ♥ Jordan
"Life isn't a spectator sport. If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your life go by without you."

Signature Credits to: tgfcoder (my love♥).

Marcin

Postby Marcin » April 20th, 2016, 10:22 am

Cool. That's cool.
Always remember: Never accept the world as it appears to be.
Dare to see it, for what it could be.

Hmm
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Hmm » April 20th, 2016, 2:14 pm

Couture wrote in Re: Going to Hawaii ;Nml:Image

Hmm wrote in Re: Going to Hawaii ;Nml:
LOL
;Sob

Okay but i'm going to baby you the entire time and do the whole 'mom' thing ;Shy LOL!

Yay! It's okie.
Worth it if I get to go to Hawaii too!
Hehe ;Shy
It'll give you some practice on being a mommy too huehue ;LuvUP

50   Top

Greentlover
Junior
Junior

Postby Greentlover » April 20th, 2016, 8:30 pm

Whoa you're coming here?? :D omg are you staying on Oahu? I see that's a picture of Waikiki/Diamond Head.

What do you like to eat? I can recommend places :)

Couture
Administrator
Premium Donator
Administrator

Postby Couture » April 21st, 2016, 5:30 pm

Greentlover wrote in Re: Going to Hawaii ;Nml:Whoa you're coming here?? :D omg are you staying on Oahu? I see that's a picture of Waikiki/Diamond Head.

Yeah, we'll be staying On Oahu (in Honolulu to be specific :p #justtourristthings). I remembered WaiTea lives in Hawaii >3<!!
I think we are open to trying anything that you think is good Wai :3!
Gabzie ♥ Jordan
"Life isn't a spectator sport. If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your life go by without you."

Signature Credits to: tgfcoder (my love♥).

tgfcoder
Premium Donator

Postby tgfcoder » April 21st, 2016, 5:31 pm

Greentlover wrote in Re: Going to Hawaii ;Nml:Whoa you're coming here?? :D omg are you staying on Oahu? I see that's a picture of Waikiki/Diamond Head.

Yup! We're staying around there. You live in Hawaii? ;Hi that's cool. Well I love fried stuff like fish and chips, I like me some carbs like burgers, sandwiches, wraps... umm what else? I like Chinese, or at least the westernized take away version, and same for Indian too.

Greentlover
Junior
Junior

Postby Greentlover » April 22nd, 2016, 12:02 am

Couture wrote in Re: Going to Hawaii ;Nml:Yeah, we'll be staying On Oahu (in Honolulu to be specific :p #justtourristthings). I remembered WaiTea lives in Hawaii >3<!!
I think we are open to trying anything that you think is good Wai :3!

For breakfast/brunch
I love these brunch places from time to time but I'm not sure if you guys want to come here to eat American food lol
Scratch Kitchen
Sweet E's
Koko Head Cafe
Bogart's Cafe This would be a good one for some local flavors

Meals
Sweet Home Aunty Build your own soup noodle/shave ice lol
Golden Pork Ramen bar
So Gong Dong Korean sofu tofu soup
678 Hawaii Korean BBQ/yakiniku
Shokudo Japanese food; I recommend their honey toast for dessert
Longhi's This can be breakfast/brunch as well.
Hale Vietnam for pho/Vietnamese food; you guys should go to Via Gelato(listed below) for dessert after, they are next to each other lol
The Pig and the Lady Vietnamese fusion food

Added more Korean places....
Sorabol 24/7 Korean BBQ
Camellia buffet Korean BBQ buffet
Mikawon more Korean food but in Waikiki if you're in this area that would be convenient.

Dessert
Via Gelato homemade gelato, unique flavors
Lucy's Lab Creamery unique ice cream flavors
Lanikai Juice This is dessert/breakfast if you like acai bowl
Ice Garden Amazing shaved ice; run by two sweet old ladies, literally. Must get the pudding topping.
Leonard's people call them Hawaiian donuts haha idk but they are good? the malasadas
Uncle Tetsu Japanese cheesecake, they just opened recently.
Liliha Bakery must try coco puffs, totally famous for them! they have green tea puffs too! lol This location opens 24/7 except Monday for their dining area but very small dining area for breakfast food. They have another location opened recently, might be a bit closer/more parking not 24/7 though
Dole Plantation This is a pretty touristy place, they have pineapple dessert, I recommend their soft serve :) They have a maze, garden, and train tour, etc.

The food places here are mostly Japanese, Korean and Vietnamese :'D

tgfcoder wrote in Re: Going to Hawaii ;Nml:Yup! We're staying around there. You live in Hawaii? ;Hi that's cool. Well I love fried stuff like fish and chips, I like me some carbs like burgers, sandwiches, wraps... umm what else? I like Chinese, or at least the westernized take away version, and same for Indian too.

Yes, I live in Hawaii.
I definitely recommend SHALOHA! They serve pita with delicious filling
Up Roll Cafe This is on my list to try lol but I haven't had the chance, they serve sushi wrap/burrito
Mei Sum This is the westernized Chinese dim sum place lol
Fook Yuen Westernized Chinese food

:'D I've never had fish and chips before, no recommendation for that
Sugoi They have really good garlic chicken and mochiko chicken (fried food)

Sorry I haven't really found a good Indian place, it's very scarce here the closest thing I can think of is Dagon It's Burmese food, I recommend their house tea leaf salad. I don't really eat burger, occasionally it's Teddy's Bigger Burger.

If either of you use Instagram, I recommend to follow @hawaiibestkitchens

Some local fast food chain food places like Zippy's, L&L might worth a try for visitors(?) Honestly I don't like them :p but many people here do. If you eat at McDonald's for breakfast, don't be surprised to see eggs, spam and rice on the menu.
We have some chain restaurants here if you don't haven't tried before like Cheesecake Factory, Red Lobster, etc.

On the last Friday of the month there is a Eat the Street event. They have food trucks with a pretty good variety of food.

There's a lot, I'll probably edit in more later.
Edit: I just remember my friend recommended this curry place name The Curry It's really westernized haha it's a mixture of Indian, Thai and Vietnamese food.
Last edited by Greentlover on April 23rd, 2016, 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

tgfcoder
Premium Donator

Postby tgfcoder » April 22nd, 2016, 5:04 pm

Omg yes, Korean sounds amazing too ;Angl.

Next

Return to The Chatroom + Forum Games