What do you want to be when you grow up?

by tgfcoder
Chat about anything here casually or play forum games. Post count does not count here.

tgfcoder
Owner and Creator of Tgforums
Premium Donator

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Postby tgfcoder » January 21st, 2015, 12:08 am

Or, if you're already grown up, what did you aspire to be as a kid?

I wanted to be a game developer. I still do that as a hobby... found out the industry wasn't really where I wanted to be. Stressful, not as stable as I'd liked, and it's kind of a political mess right now. Anyway, I found a software engineering job that stimulates me and I can see myself doing this for a long time ;haha

Stupid question that adults always ask kids but really when you're young you have the most power to influence and shape your future. How about you guys?
50   Top

Trona
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: What do you want to be when you grow up?

Postby Trona » January 21st, 2015, 12:49 am

Interesting!
When I was younger I wanted to be an animator to make cartoons and things because I used to draw a lot. As I got older I just sorta stopped drawing for a while and my twin sister started to draw. She's now going to school as an animation major and has interned at a place that works on Venture Bros. on Adult Swim. That's so bizarre and awesome to me.

As for me I don't think I have a set path yet, but I'm going down the computer science road. I'm hopping to develop some cool phone apps or maybe invent a product using code. I don't have much experience in the field, I'm still in college.

¤ᴙшдЯ¤
Forum Council
Forum Council

Postby ¤ᴙшдЯ¤ » January 21st, 2015, 5:38 am

I wanna do something under the programming field, still not sure where I want to go.
Game design looks interesting, but short-lived.
I'll probably go into something in the software side, probably for computer or some kind of mobile platform.
I really wanna do AR work, if technology advances that far.

Aly
Hyperflux
Premium Donator
Hyperflux

Postby Aly » January 21st, 2015, 7:58 am

I've always wanted to take care of animals.
Basically, being a vet's assistant or so.
But I honestly don't think I will make it that far. >__<

Couture
Administrator
Premium Donator
Administrator

Postby Couture » January 21st, 2015, 12:36 pm

When I was little, I use to really want to be a firefighter. As I went into high school, I got more into Culinary, but there wasn't anywhere near by (without moving out--and that wasn't an option lol) where I could do just earn my degree and be a pâtissier (pastry chef). I still want to do that, but ended up in getting my associates degree in medical assisting since, my parents both were in the medical field and it was something easy/something I was familiar with.
Gabzie ♥ Jordan
"Life isn't a spectator sport. If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your life go by without you."

Signature Credits to: tgfcoder (my love♥).

Sillysmile435
Graduate Junior
Graduate Junior

Postby Sillysmile435 » January 21st, 2015, 12:59 pm

When I was younger I really wanted to do something that would help elderly or to be able to design machines. Two very different fields and now some odd year later I was in high school and learned I didn't really want to go into either of those fields and that I really wanted to do something that would involve traveling and business, so hence I will be going to college to major in International Business and minor in programming. (or something with designing)

Holly
Senior Warden
Senior Warden

Postby Holly » January 21st, 2015, 2:51 pm

i honestly dont rmb what i wanted to be lol ( prob a chef or smth)
and i still don't tbh

what is lifeeeeeee

Exhausted
Junior
Junior

Postby Exhausted » January 21st, 2015, 5:28 pm

I wanted to be an english translator to be honest. Sounds a little boring but I always enjoyed listening to people speak english and I also wanted to help the people who would visit our country who didn't know how to speak spanish and were in trouble and help them out. I ended up studying Statistics... but whenever I see someone who is struggling because of the language barrier I try to step in and help them out as much as I can.
100   Top

tgfcoder
Premium Donator

Postby tgfcoder » January 21st, 2015, 9:50 pm

Nice, nice! Let's hear some more ;SLK

Erb

Postby Erb » January 21st, 2015, 11:00 pm

I really wanted to be a detective when I was young cuz I have the mind to figure out how stuff happened ;Spy
But I can't now ... ;Heat
50   Top

Next

Return to The Chatroom + Forum Games