Council / Mod Applications

by tgfcoder
A place to talk about Tgforums. Suggestions also go in here.

tgfcoder
Owner and Creator of Tgforums
Premium Donator

Council / Mod Applications

Postby tgfcoder » April 26th, 2013, 6:11 pm

If you're looking to help out the forum in more ways, here's some information for you.

Role of Council Member:
To discuss sensitive topics and forums goals such as making decisions about how to change the forums (new rules, moving subforms, changing layouts, etc.) and how to market and promote our forums. Also to actively help the interests of tgforums e.g. participating in brainstorms and taking initiatives to make tgforums bigger and better. Council members also set a good example of our policies and attitudes on Tgforums to all users. Council members can also lock, move and split threads to clean up the forum.

Role of Moderator (who must first be part of Council):
Moderators have the ability to warn and ban users where necessary as well as review reports. Mods have an increased duty to the community and shall be able to guide and help any forum member. Mods form part of the core of Tgforums staff with the ability to administer badges, tgcoins, etc., as they serve the forum's community.

Council requirements:

♥ Should display an honest personality and willingness to help in a spirit of trust and co-operation. Our members will look up to you, so you must embody our values.
♥ Have been around for long enough to know most of the forum features, and be able to communicate well with other members.
♥ A desire to help Tgforums grow and become more awesome.

That's it! ;VVP

If you would like to apply for council membership, please PM any admin (tgfcoder or Couture at time of writing) with a brief application detailing:

♥ What do you want to achieve by becoming a council member?
♥ What sets you apart from other candidates?
♥ Please provide one example of where you have shown leadership, kindness or initiative in helping other members on the forum.

Depending on our need for council members and mods, your application may be approved immediately, or if not, you will be notified that the application will be kept on file until such time that we require additional forum staff. You may be invited to apply if an admin thinks you will potentially be a good addition to the Council.

Thanks,
Jordan

Bear
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Council / Mod Applications

Postby Bear » April 26th, 2013, 6:29 pm

if i tryout and make it in the future can i choose my own icon
K n i g h t | C e r e s

islandpineapple
Forum Graphic Artist
Forum Graphic Artist

Postby islandpineapple » April 26th, 2013, 6:42 pm

tgfcoder wrote in Council / Mod Applications:If you're looking to help out the forum in more ways, here's some information for you.

Role of Council Member:
To discuss sensitive topics and forums goals such as making decisions about how to change the forums (new rules, moving subforms, changing layouts, etc.) and how to market and promote our forums.

Role of Moderator (who must first be part of Council):
To do moderating such as moving topics, sticky/unsticky, lock threads and keeping things running smoothly (reminders for off-topic and such.) They can also guide people and help people with forum issues as they are forum staff. We're pretty lax here, though, so think of moderators as a positive thing - we rarely issue warnings or bans unless they are disrupting the forum.

If you would like to apply for either or both, please PM me (tgfcoder) and tell me why you want to and how you can help.

When members / mods are required (old members go inactive, or more members mean more mods are needed) I will call on these applicants to fill the positions. In certain cases, I will invite people into council if they show initiative already.

There are no hard and fast requirements but here are some guidelines:

Should have at least 150 posts. In other words, they need to be active in the community and know their way around. This way they can know what's best for the forums. Depending on the nature of your posts, the number can be lower or higher...as long as I can ascertain that you know what's going on.

Should be kind-hearted and dedicated. You need to be able to see the positive at all times and not give up as soon as things look unsavoury. This forum is for everyone & I will only appoint staff members who uphold that. People looking for special titles for the sake of it will not be accepted.

Lastly: these are volunteer positions. They are not paid in any way but they are recognised by the special forum titles.

I am very happy with our current forum staff and council members, and am looking forward to new members of the team as we grow <3 .

Thanks, ;Yay

hai applying pmd.

✣ LoL ✣ | ♪ Youtube ♪ | ❃ Webpage ❃ | ♦Art Shop♦

⊰There's two kinds of people in this world; ones that eat to live, and ones that live to eat⊱
[sig-PinePine]

tgfcoder
Premium Donator

Postby tgfcoder » April 26th, 2013, 7:12 pm

Bear wrote in Re: Council / Mod Applications:if i tryout and make it in the future can i choose my own icon

Mods all get a justice badge by default ;haha ...

but I guess so ;???

Paukky«3

Postby Paukky«3 » April 26th, 2013, 7:24 pm

THE STAFF NEEDS MOAR ESTROGEN PLZ

“Wisdom isn’t something your're born with. You stumble upon it and become it. Those who see it must not reach, for it will come to you.”
Lincoln S. Edwards

Aly
Hyperflux
Premium Donator
Hyperflux

Postby Aly » April 26th, 2013, 8:06 pm

Kay.
now I must think about what to say... ;Dork

Bear
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Bear » April 27th, 2013, 10:11 am

Paukky«3 wrote in Re: Council / Mod Applications:THE STAFF NEEDS MOAR ESTROGEN PLZ

You do realize my estrogen would be like yaoiyaoiyaoiyaoi *^*
K n i g h t | C e r e s

Paukky«3

Postby Paukky«3 » April 27th, 2013, 10:14 am

Bear wrote in Re: Council / Mod Applications:
You do realize my estrogen would be like yaoiyaoiyaoiyaoi *^*

but in the end, ESTROGEN!

“Wisdom isn’t something your're born with. You stumble upon it and become it. Those who see it must not reach, for it will come to you.”
Lincoln S. Edwards

Jackeh«3

Postby Jackeh«3 » April 27th, 2013, 10:40 am

Paukky«3 wrote in Re: Council / Mod Applications:THE STAFF NEEDS MOAR ESTROGEN PLZ

pauk pauk you are all the estrogen i need ;Cute

Paukky«3

Postby Paukky«3 » April 27th, 2013, 11:36 am

No wonder you're a sex god Twinny. ;Sly

Lincoln S. Edwards

Next

Return to Forum