Introducing Tgforums Arcade (BETA)!

by tgfcoder
A place to talk about Tgforums. Suggestions also go in here.

tgfcoder
Owner and Creator of Tgforums
Premium Donator

Introducing Tgforums Arcade (BETA)!

Postby tgfcoder » January 2nd, 2016, 6:25 pm

If you're on the desktop site, head to the Tgforums Arcade (BETA) to check out the first game! Go to Tgforums Arcade

Top 3 scores will be displayed alongside the game, and there may be prizes for those with high scores. For example, Top 3 in at least 3 games = Arcade Champion badge.

More games to come, depending on how you guys feel about it. Ideas are welcome & have fun!

Jordan

Annay
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Introducing Tgforums Arcade (BETA)!

Postby Annay » January 2nd, 2016, 7:02 pm

Was going to use garden timer and saw Tgforum Arcade ;LuvUP.

Will play soon ;Dvl !!
Hmu if you play MH4U, MHGen or RO! ;-)

casablanca

Postby casablanca » January 2nd, 2016, 7:52 pm

+1

Avalanche is fun! :)

Yujin
Scout
Scout

Postby Yujin » January 2nd, 2016, 8:30 pm

Haha omg that game is hilarious, Jordan XD the guy's physics cracks me up lol! Nice job :)
Enlist in my pumpkin army today!
Winter ♥ Jerk ♥ Seoul ♥ Yujin (KAU/KWIA)

Trona
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Trona » January 2nd, 2016, 11:00 pm

Neat game! It's pretty challenging.

tgfcoder
Premium Donator

Postby tgfcoder » January 5th, 2016, 9:04 pm

New game added! In Starzone you pilot a spaceship through enemy space territory, taking on alien ships. Use your score points wisely to upgrade your ship and weapons to take on increasingly challenging foes. Fly expertly through asteroid fields or make your own path!

Head to the arcade to play!

casablanca

Postby casablanca » January 5th, 2016, 9:44 pm

Do I get extra points for guessing what Starzone was inspired by? ;)

This one's definitely more "wow" than Avalanche, I'll come back and play more later.
50   Top

tgfcoder
Premium Donator

Postby tgfcoder » January 5th, 2016, 10:02 pm

casablanca wrote in Re: Introducing Tgforums Arcade (BETA)!:Do I get extra points for guessing what Starzone was inspired by? ;)

This one's definitely more "wow" than Avalanche, I'll come back and play more later.

:) I just totally used the free graphics pack that danc kindly blessed the internet with for what they're best for :)

Yeah :D It took a few days to make (which is still really fast!) Not sure how many "lines of code" it would be since I made it in Construct 2 but the main game loop has 135 "events". Each kind of handles one path of logic or event. Construct 2 is pretty good for a simple game editor. I used a feature called "families" which is essentially interfaces, I have "Destructible" (anything that can be hit and destroyed, creates explosions when health = 0, etc.), "Projectile" (does the hurting), etc., which have instance variables and behavior associated with them.
50   Top

casablanca

Postby casablanca » January 5th, 2016, 10:28 pm

It's pretty cool how far these game creators have come, from desktop to Shockwave to Flash to HTML5. There used to be this thing called Klik N Play back in the Windows 95 days, I remember playing a few games created using it. So I actually looked it up and there's this guy on YouTube talking about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Z-LrtAk88 (he's running Windows 3.1 lol, must be a VM)

tgfcoder
Premium Donator

Postby tgfcoder » January 5th, 2016, 11:14 pm

casablanca wrote in Re: Introducing Tgforums Arcade (BETA)!:It's pretty cool how far these game creators have come, from desktop to Shockwave to Flash to HTML5. There used to be this thing called Klik N Play back in the Windows 95 days, I remember playing a few games created using it. So I actually looked it up and there's this guy on YouTube talking about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Z-LrtAk88 (he's running Windows 3.1 lol, must be a VM)

Yeah xD Clickteam who made Klik N Play also made The Games Factory (TGF) which I used to make games in as a kid. Which is how I got my name. ;Grin I think the developers broke off and Clickteam made Multimedia Fusion and Scirra was formed and made Construct. Or something like that. So there's definitely a lot of parallels between these game making programs.

Next

Return to Forum