Forum Ideas Thread

by tgfcoder
A place to talk about Tgforums. Suggestions also go in here.

tgfcoder
Owner and Creator of Tgforums
Premium Donator

Forum Ideas Thread

Postby tgfcoder » August 1st, 2014, 8:56 pm

I'd like to merge all forum ideas into one thread. So if you have a suggestion, idea, or comment about how Tgforums could be better, please post it here.

Here are some examples of types of ideas I'm looking for:

• Badge icons
  • Forum items
  • Forum games
  • Forum features
  • Suggestions on improving an existing feature (with a solution)

but anything that would improve your experience of the forum as well as for other users will be accepted here.

Feel free to copy over your suggestions from other threads so they are organised here. If your idea gets implemented you will receive between 1,000 and 10,000 depending on the impact. Good suggestions will include a well-thought out explanation and/or reasoning behind the suggestion.

Thank you~

MVP
Junior Warden
Junior Warden

Re: Forum Ideas Thread

Postby MVP » August 1st, 2014, 9:25 pm

Suggestions: i'm just making stuff up even tho i sound stupid ok LOL

Like forums, a notification when someone quotes you or reply to your thread. It's just a lot easier to keep track of what you posted as well as other's comments based on your post.

Simple, yet fun games that let players win coins based on score. Similar example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez_mqVkhlPk (ie. 5 coins per successful hit and occasionally rare one receive more) This is a more fun rather than ordinary stratch cards.

Similar to an old feature on audifan, a 'VIP' drawing to those who goes on the site daily. Instead of just going on, maybe you are required to make at least 10+ posts per day for a whole week to be entered. The drawing can result in bc or coins, and it would make people more active and not just come on for interest & tipjar LOL.

Also similar to forums, a monthly Admin / Site Owners events, that people can enter to win cash or coins. Examples can be the most decorative gardens, any events require playing in Audition, or just cute events like the best dressed or corniest jokes O_O who knows LOL

(PLEASE do this one) A tgforum farm-ish. My idea is that it can simple like the couple garden on audi, basically you buy plants / water with coins and after you grow them successfully, it rewards you with anything, coins, stratch cards, mayb even a badge or cash!! Or you can go wilder, and make players be able to buy an animal (cow pls xo) and like buy their necessity in order for them to live and they'll rewards you accordingly.

Multiplayer games, example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prhzFxca-Ug that people can play 1v1 or in teams and win coins after a victory & takes the loser's coins similar to a bet. Put a exceeding limit to how much you can bet so they don't go bankrupt in one game or be a millionaire in one game. This makes it fun to be able to interact with other players in the forums.

Um this is all i have in mind rn, i'll post more when i think of them!! Thanks ;haha
MVP // Showtime ❤
300   Top

Jennay
Relic Hunter
Relic Hunter

Postby Jennay » August 1st, 2014, 9:26 pm

I was thinking of badge icons (levels) like how Prizerebel does.. like Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond. It depends how many tgcoins you have earn in total (past or not). Once you reach a certain level, you get a prize or more tgcoins.

I think this suggestion could help people by setting a goal for themselves and get what they want (prizes or bana cash towards BanaCash Bonanza). Also, it could be a way to help people to save up their tgcoins instead of using it too much or maybe they just want a pretty icon under their ava LOL idk.
Last edited by Jennay on August 2nd, 2014, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
credits to Annay
50   Top

tgfcoder
Premium Donator

Postby tgfcoder » August 1st, 2014, 9:31 pm

Mm I like these ideas. Thanks! Keep them coming ;Up

Trona
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Trona » August 1st, 2014, 9:39 pm

Like forums, a notification when someone quotes you or reply to your thread. It's just a lot easier to keep track of what you posted as well as other's comments based on your post.

I was thinking the same thing. Instead of going through threads, we could look at a notification at the top of the page sort of like what's done when new tgf coins are obtained like it could say new maybe next to a new button that says posts or maybe threads?

Oh and badges! I love the idea of these things. They are reminiscent of the ones on Audition and fun to collect. Some of the badges on this site are even pretty funny. Well I already told you about the scratchcard troll badge idea. I'm serious, that should be a thing. ;Spy Lmao.

More items would also be sweet. We already have something that makes your username sparkly, but what if we had other options like making it a different color or making it have an outer glow or put it in flames? (If that's possible)

Also I think an event should be held for a custom smiley. I think there should be one smiley on this site that is unique and distinct for the tgforums and it should be made by the community and voted by the community. Idk I think that would be pretty fun. ;Nml
50   Top

tgfcoder
Premium Donator

Postby tgfcoder » August 1st, 2014, 9:52 pm

Thanks for your ideas ;Up

tgfcoder
Premium Donator

Postby tgfcoder » August 1st, 2014, 10:04 pm

Trona wrote in Re: Forum Ideas Thread:Oh and badges! I love the idea of these things. They are reminiscent of the ones on Audition and fun to collect. Some of the badges on this site are even pretty funny. Well I already told you about the scratchcard troll badge idea. I'm serious, that should be a thing. ;Spy Lmao.

This has now been implemented. Thanks!

MVP
Junior Warden
Junior Warden

Postby MVP » August 1st, 2014, 10:08 pm

Other suggestions:

It should be easier to know the person asap once you see their forum. My idea is that under your avatar, where you see your forum name, it should display your character along with your level & level title, and possibly any icons/badges you own in audition, similar to the profile in audifan.
Example :
-Badges / Icons-
Lvl 35. Lead Dancer
<Selfie>
MVP
I think it will make it more convenient and accessible that we recognizes them immediately instead of clicking on their profile.

My other thought it that there should be more additions to the shop, such as peach emoticons ( ;GrinP , ;Hi , ;Yay ) should be purchased in store with coins or even a forum name change.

Also, there should a different section for players that need help on audi. For instance, people looking for standers to exp spam, for needing people for story, there should be a different section for threads that include these and people can pay people that help them without spamming the whole forum. Example: LF > Standers to exp spam (100 coins per 10 games) or just help buying 100m beats fam house for 1k, there should be a clear section where these should be posted. I think this is a good idea, because you actually have to work/do something for your coins and those with plenty can take advantage of it. Plus, whenever they're in need of help, tgforums would be their number one place to go.
MVP // Showtime ❤
50   Top

tgfcoder
Premium Donator

Postby tgfcoder » August 1st, 2014, 10:15 pm

Interesting, thanks ;Grin

GOLDEN
Traveller
Traveller