by Couture
Talk about recent events or news here.

Couture
Administrator
Premium Donator
Administrator

Possible WW III?

Postby Couture » September 5th, 2013, 10:16 pm

Warning: Some of the videos have graphic footage.

I've been hearing a lot about nukes and things going on between Syria/Russia/USA and I haven't been paying too close attention to it so i'm kind of confused as to what started this (Edit: Oh I see, it was a chemical attack), but, has anyone else really heard much more about this topic?

One of my friends shared this on facebook and i'm listening to it now, and it's making me just go, "What the actual f**k..?"
I don't know for sure if this video is fake or not but, I really hope a nuclear war doesn't start :c it's scary to think about stuff like this.
And also, Russia is threatening the USA, if the USA does decide to attack Syria.

More info here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-576 ... -is-risky/
http://world.time.com/2013/09/05/russia ... -disaster/

With the video that I watched via the cbsnews.com link, I think John Kerry is insane for what he said, the only part I agree with is his quote of "..no one should use chemical weapons", but other than that, everything else coming out of his mouth is just crap..Military action is suppose to "assert" the principal of NOT using nukes? I'm sorry but forceful tactics won't always work Secretary Kerry.;No.. I never liked him and still glad to this day he lost the election back in 2004..(not that George W. Bush was any better -__-;..) What a crazy world we live in, that negotiating is practically non-existent ._. why does there have to be so much hate and attempts to assert one another, using brute force or even threats of nuclear warfare just to get to an agreement..?

Anyways, I agree 100% with what the Senator Kinzinger of illinois and Senator(?) Marino of Pennsylvania. To a point, I get that we need to keep emergency military actions in mind, but when Kerry talks about "supporting military actions", it just seems like all his answers to fix everything, would be to use military force...

Comments? Thoughts?
Gabzie ♥ Jordan
"Life isn't a spectator sport. If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your life go by without you."

Signature Credits to: tgfcoder (my love♥).

islandpineapple
Forum Graphic Artist
Forum Graphic Artist

Re: Possible WW III?

Postby islandpineapple » September 6th, 2013, 9:43 am

well i took an ap moder euro hist course in hs and what I've learned that if we were to have a ww3 we'd all be dead xD
heres the reason why.
1. ww2-atomic bombs on japan wiped out those cities completely
2. ALOT of countries have atomic bombs nowadays (us, china, NK-attempting, & other countries that have atomic weapons)
3. if each country drops one on each country there'd be no humans left ;Etc
heres a link to who has them ( it's wiki so its not 100% trustable but from news and other stuff I'm pretty sure that it's semi accurate and it shows the point that alot of countries now have nuclear weapons)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nucle ... states.svg
so yeah .... no ww3 plz i want 2 stay alive x.x
THEREFORE i conclude that i do not believe there will be a WW3~

✣ LoL ✣ | ♪ Youtube ♪ | ❃ Webpage ❃ | ♦Art Shop♦

⊰There's two kinds of people in this world; ones that eat to live, and ones that live to eat⊱
[sig-PinePine]

tgfcoder
Owner and Creator of Tgforums
Premium Donator
Owner and Creator of Tgforums

Postby tgfcoder » September 6th, 2013, 4:27 pm

I think it's a very hot topic and definitely a relevant issue. However many of the media sources turn to fear mongering because they want to squeeze every last drop of viewership out of every bit of conflict that happens. Making people scared is the most effective way of getting their attention and getting them to do what you say. Share this, tell all your friends, go to this link so you're prepared... That's just advertising. Meanwhile they're getting a tidy paycheck while the speculation they broadcast is making things worse.

Honestly I haven't looked too much into the recent events in Syria, but I hope we don't go back to war, war sucks and it's stupid.

Couture
Administrator
Premium Donator
Administrator

Postby Couture » September 6th, 2013, 5:32 pm

Yeah seriously. :/ no more wars, please.
Gabzie ♥ Jordan
"Life isn't a spectator sport. If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your life go by without you."

Signature Credits to: tgfcoder (my love♥).

¤ᴙшдЯ¤
Forum Council
Forum Council

Postby ¤ᴙшдЯ¤ » September 6th, 2013, 5:34 pm

islandpineapple wrote in Re: Possible WW III?:

well i took an ap moder euro hist course in hs and what I've learned that if we were to have a ww3 we'd all be dead xD

^ This. ;Etc

However, life isn't simple as yes and no.
I honestly fear the war.
However, I think the United States is going to enter due to our president's response.
In my opinion, we're backed into a wall by Russia, and we should probably stop before it does escalate.
The "red line" that was crossed by using chemical weapons?
Normal weapons have the same effect, what difference is chemical weapons?
Why have freaking weapons in the first place?
Eh, power.
Power turns people insane.
/rambling.

Hello.
I hardly exist.
Stuck in the Voltex.

icaffeine
Scout
Scout

Postby icaffeine » September 6th, 2013, 10:53 pm

Well, it does defy the rules of war as your not supposed to hurt people who are not fighting. Landmines used to have the same effect as well, even though the war finished, the mines were still there, so a large amount of countries agreed not to used Landmines.
MStar - Caffeine (Active)
Garena ID - Caffeinateds
FeverMix - Caffeine
(Inactive)

http://www.play-asia.com/

islandpineapple
Forum Graphic Artist
Forum Graphic Artist

Postby islandpineapple » September 7th, 2013, 9:51 am

icaffeine wrote in Re: Possible WW III?:Well, it does defy the rules of war as your not supposed to hurt people who are not fighting. Landmines used to have the same effect as well, even though the war finished, the mines were still there, so a large amount of countries agreed not to used Landmines.

tbh i find the "rules of war" to be kinda useless when your dealing with countries that like caused 9/11 and events like that i mean itd be nice if everyone followed them but i believe in war there's no rules even if they're are they can be broken easily as theres no power/force to back the rules up except moral

✣ LoL ✣ | ♪ Youtube ♪ | ❃ Webpage ❃ | ♦Art Shop♦

⊰There's two kinds of people in this world; ones that eat to live, and ones that live to eat⊱
[sig-PinePine]

Return to News