BB coding For Derpies!

by islandpineapple
Useful information about Audition that will help you get the most out of the game.

islandpineapple
Forum Graphic Artist
Forum Graphic Artist

BB coding For Derpies!

Postby islandpineapple » January 23rd, 2013, 2:52 am

So I've noticed some arent very familar with bbcode. For those of you that are just skip this guide!
Ok well a bit about me. I've been using BB code for more than a year now back in Rb Forums and testing here. I do Derp every so often aka. at least once a day. But that's OK because i can easily fix it ^o^ A loooong while back I use to code with HTML as well. I've recently picked up again.. and well you know you forgot it all when you go <url> (for those who get it haha for those who dont html linking code is <a href="link"> ) anyways so yeah I'll be writing your BB code guide!
Ofc Jordan's gona read over this...because I derp too much! Anyways guide will be complete on the Thursday!
Heres a guide written by the site. It has the basics too. So if you dont like mine look at theres ;Grin only thing is theres a few things it doesnt cover like spoilers and videos and code.
http://forums.jordantrudgett.com/faq.php?mode=bbcode
Last edited by islandpineapple on January 24th, 2013, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

✣ LoL ✣ | ♪ Youtube ♪ | ❃ Webpage ❃ | ♦Art Shop♦

⊰There's two kinds of people in this world; ones that eat to live, and ones that live to eat⊱
[sig-PinePine]

islandpineapple
Forum Graphic Artist
Forum Graphic Artist

Re: BB coding For Derpies!

Postby islandpineapple » January 23rd, 2013, 2:53 am

-quick note. a start tag has to have an end tag or else it wont work!-
Using the Bar!
So I'm not going to bother much with basic BB coding like making words bold or like making them italicized because there's these buttons up top that help you do that!
What Happens when you click these buttons is that it will automatically put in the bb code tag for you!
like this-> Image and all you have to do is type your text in between the 2 tags!
OK. so now that we got that clear and we can all use the buttons up top we can do more!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Multiple Tags
For example. You can use more than 1 tag!
Code: Select all
[font=Century Gothic][color=#666666][b][u] HELLO LOOK AT ALL THESE TAGS![/u][/b][/color][/font]

And here is what the outcome looks like!
HELLO LOOK AT ALL THESE TAGS!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Common Tags!
[Reveal] Spoiler: Show Tags
[b]TEXT HERE [/b]  -Bold
[i]TEXT HERE[/i]    -Italicize
[u]TEXT HERE[/u]  -Underline
[size=#]TEXT HERE[/size] -note size on this forums goes from 1-200 max.(put a number where # is)
[color=#xxxxxx]TEXT HERE[/color] - put hex code in place of xxxxxx (hex code link below)
[center]TEXT OR W.E HERE[/center]  - you can put w.e you want in the text or w.e here area
[url] LINK HERE[/url]  -simple link code. will make full link clickable( more on linking below)
[img]image link here[/img]  - quite obvious. the image tag. xD put image link there and voila

HEX CODES HEX CODES HEX CODES HEX CODES
Last edited by islandpineapple on January 24th, 2013, 8:13 pm, edited 17 times in total.

islandpineapple
Forum Graphic Artist
Forum Graphic Artist

Code Boxes?
While I'm at it. I'll also explain a little about this codebox. All this tag does is make everything in the box/tags text no matter what it codes for. Also it comes with a select all button which is quite handy! The tag for the codebox is simply
[code] text here![/code]

Here is what it looks like!
 text here!

Spoilers!
So there's two types of spoilers one that covers text up with a black bar so when u click it you can see whats underneath and one that will make a drop down box! I'll show you both right now!
HAHA TEXT IS COVERED
Code For Black Bar Spoiling
[spoiler]HAHA TEXT IS COVERED[/spoiler]

[Reveal] Spoiler: A drop down box!
TADA this appears in a box!

Code for Drop Down Box
[spoiler= A drop down box!] TADA this appears in a box! [/spoiler]
Last edited by islandpineapple on January 24th, 2013, 8:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

islandpineapple
Forum Graphic Artist
Forum Graphic Artist

Linking stuff the Pretty way!
Ok so ..as you've probably noticed some pictures might be clickable or like where it doesn't show the entire link instead the link is customized text! Here's how you do it ;Wink
clicking the image will simply bring you back to this page because that's where i set it to!
code for the image link above
[url=http://forums.jordantrudgett.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83&p=1087#p1087][img]http://puu.sh/1RuKq[/img][/url]
Code for you!
[url= WEBPAGE LINK GOES HERE ! ][img] LINK TO YOUR IMAGE [/img][/url]

Textie Linking!
Click to go back to this page?
code for the image link above
[url=http://forums.jordantrudgett.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83&p=1087#p1087]Click to go back to this page? [/url]
Code for you!
[url= WEBPAGE LINK HERE ]CLICKABLE TEXT HERE! [/url]
Last edited by islandpineapple on January 24th, 2013, 8:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

islandpineapple
Forum Graphic Artist
Forum Graphic Artist

Why wont my YouTube work ;Fury !
Ok so here is how to add YouTube videos! at the start i had a hella time with it cuz i tried to do all dis fancy stuff LOL keepin it simple now tho!
So what it looks like

Here is the coding!
[YouTube]0UI7bSKO814[/YouTube] <-- my video
[YouTube] LINK HERE [/YouTube]<-- yours

real simple right?
ahahaha so leme show you where we got the "0UI7bSKO814" part from!
so here is the full YouTube link like when you open it on a webpage Image
what you want to copy is the part AFTER the = sign nothing before it. Just simply take that part and pop it where it says link here if your copying my code or just press the YouTube button on the bar and paste that part in!

if you guys see anything that you dont get or u see someone else using it and u want to know how to just pm me or post here ^-^
Last edited by islandpineapple on January 24th, 2013, 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

tgfcoder
Owner and Creator of Tgforums
Premium Donator
Owner and Creator of Tgforums

Postby tgfcoder » January 23rd, 2013, 4:18 am

Okay, looks good so far. Hopefully it helps someone :) Approved.

islandpineapple
Forum Graphic Artist
Forum Graphic Artist

Postby islandpineapple » January 23rd, 2013, 4:19 am

should make paullie read this LOOOL

⊰There's two kinds of people in this world; ones that eat to live, and ones that live to eat⊱
[sig-PinePine]

Jackeh«3

Postby Jackeh«3 » January 23rd, 2013, 6:27 am

What is love * ^* baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more

Teach me moar pls

islandpineapple
Forum Graphic Artist
Forum Graphic Artist

Postby islandpineapple » January 23rd, 2013, 7:24 am

^ oh jeeezuz @.@

[sig-PinePine]

Kraft
Knight
Knight

Postby Kraft » January 23rd, 2013, 12:23 pm

;Dog i code things myself LOL

Next

Return to Guides