How To Guitar Guide

by -Ant
Useful information about Audition that will help you get the most out of the game.

-Ant
Wanderer
Wanderer

How To Guitar Guide

Postby -Ant » August 14th, 2014, 5:47 pm

Requested by Marcin.

BASICS - How to play / score

Keys :
ZXCV [Blue / Pink / Blue / Pink] - 4k notes
M , . / [Red notes] -8k notes
Shift - Strums [To hit notes to score]
"Bend notes" = Control OR Spacebar .
Up Arrow = Swing Note.

1. Match the colors of the notes by holding the 4k or 8k notes
2. When the notes are coming, when they are on your strum area
3. IF there's a purple highlighted area, press up first to initiate "Swing Notes" then strum the note to get additional points + spark.

The way I perform swings is a little awkward but according to my students, I've been getting good feedback according to my method of hitting them.

1. Place your middle finger on the lower part of your up arrow key, almost if you finger is hoving over the down arrow.
2. When the swing area is approaching, press down your "UP" arrow key and flick it upwards towards your end key
3. Immediately move your index finger down and hit shift.
-It's like a rotation. While your middle finger is moving up, your index is moving down.

Guide how to hit swings + swing note with note bend + swing note and score bend. :

Video to reference how to play.

Intermediate - Hammer Notes

Hammer notes are shown as fat and cut notes. These specific notes are notes that you DON'T have to hit shift on all you have to do is hit the note / hold when it reaches you strum area.

You have to learn how to distinguish normal strum notes vs hammer notes.

And if you don't understand what I mean. Here's a video to demonstrate it.

http://youtu.be/AVBC5OepmqM?t=1m47s [Alittle blurry]

Intermediate part 2 - Score bends vs Note bends

There are 2 types of bend notes. You may think there's only 1, but there's only 2.

The first type of bend is "Score Bend".

Score bend is a bend that will increase your score, but decrease your spark / multiplier. Also it will give you more flame outs but I'm going to explain more in the advanced part.

To perform score bend,
1. Hold control OR spacebar to make your arrow yellow.
2. When you're holding the correct corresponding note, press shift and you've successfully done scorebend.

The second type is "Note Bend"
-Note bend is a way to develop more spark / multiplier so you can gain more points overall.

To perform note bend :
1. Hold the correct corresponding notes [4k / 8k]
2. Press Shift to strum
3. After you hit shift, press ctrl OR spacebar immediately.

If you do that correctly, you'll develop more spark and you've successfully did Note bend.

To perform swing notes with these bends I hit them similarly to swing note guide above but I tilt my hand slightly.
1. Tilt your hand slightly on your keyboard so you feel comfortable. - Ring finger on "UP" arrow key, middle finger on shift, and ring finger on ctrl.
2. To perform note bend with swing, Press Up -> Shift -> Ctrl with the motion I stated above ^. [I will post a video if you don't get it]
3. To perform score bend with swing. Hold Ctrl + Press Up -> Press Shift

The video on top of me playing Goodbye Level 3 demonstrates both note bend and scorebend showing off the differences.

You have to balance them out to score the most optimal score for each song. Every song is different. Plus it's personal preference based off how you play. I play more safe than getting the most optimal / highest scores.

Score Bend :

Note Bend :

Advanced - Flame Outs

There are different levels of flame out, Level 1/2/3. You might notice people at guitar tournament asking for the flame out and they'll say a series of numbers.

While you play, you'll hear sounds when you develop spark.

Level 1 flame - You'll hear the first sound and you'll notice the fire on the sides will slowly develop instead of each specific strum.

Level 2 flame - You'll hear the 2nd sound and also you'll notice the flames on the sides will exponentially grow to the top after that sound.

Level 3 - You'll get a pop up saying "THE FLAME MAXED OUT" for 1 second.

Each song has a specific strategy to score the most optimal score. You have to combine and control you bends and also swing notes to get the best score. You can look up on YouTube to figure out each strategy for each song. On my channel I have mostly safe flames so you will have a lower risk of breaking BUT you're going to cost yourself some score as well.

Advanced Part 2 - Measuring your flame + Switches

This is a little bit tricky but if you're a person who develops flame outs / strats then this might be easier.

MEASURING[Optional]

To measure your flame, you have to learn how many notes it takes to move the flame once on the sides. It's a lot easier to measure when you note bend because you won't get that much flame out of it vs score bend. You pretty much have to study the songs and look at the fires / flames on the side and simply count how many times you've strummed to move that that 1 piece move. It's pretty much trial and error. You gotta study it that's all I need to say.

Switching from 8k to 4k when your flame ends. [Based off BPM]
-This is kind of the reverse way of measuring but it's a lot easier.
- When your flame gradually loses flame when it reaches "Level 1" [You're currently flamed]
- Count how many strums and or notes to move the fire down once. Or just look at the clock and see how much it drains.
- Once you know how long it takes to drain 1 flame / fire then keep playing till the final flame arrives.
- If it takes 2 seconds for the last flame to go out, then wait 2 seconds then immediately switch to 4k. [Based off BPM]

Insane - Hidden / Bug Swing [Exploits] - Pros only [HIGH RISK OF BREAKING]

Hidden Notes are notes that are exploited to achieve more sparks / multiplier which increases your score. They can only be performed on long notes. It's an exploit to slightly stretch the longer than what it's intended to be.

There's 2 ways to perform this.
1. Hitting specific LONG notes [Holding down note] super early. You have to it super early according to your judgement [Pressing F11]. Not all long notes are hiddenable.

An example is in my video :

-In the intro, you'll notice my spark will turn 7 to 9 instead of 7 to 8. This happened because I got a hidden note just for holding the note early.

2. The 2nd is judgement change hidden.

To perform this,
1. Hit the note slightly early [not as much compared to other flame]
2. Change your judgement [Pressing F11] from +1 -> -3 immediately when you strummed your long note.
3. Once that long note is done, change your judgement back to +1 and be ready to hidden another long note.

Example :

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Bug swing is an exploit to achieve more swings. Bug swing is pretty much the opposite of hidden, it's a delay instead. The best judgement to use is +1 for this.

[Using Stand Up example]

To perform bug swing
1a. See if you can move strum the notes in the middle between the swing area and also the normal notes.
1b. To perform bug swing on Stand Up
2. Strum 2 out of the 3 NORMAL notes
3. Take a quick pause and cut the note in half according to your judgement.
4. Once the note is cut in half, press up to initiate swing notes.
5. Strum the 3rd normal note
6. Strum the 1st swing note.

In that short segment, you turned a regular note into a swing. This is considered bug swing.

Example :

These are the songs that I practiced to get better,

Basic practice for hammers + getting used to it
1. Love Mode Lv2 - 10 Miss or under [Helps distinguish hammers + strum notes]
2. Get Out Of Here Lv2 - 10 misses or under [Helps doing single notes because they're really tricky to do on harder songs]
3. I Like You Lv2 - 15misses or less

Intermediate - Practice everything
1. Pang Pang Pang Lv2 - 10 misses or less [Helps with hammers + strums]
2. You've Fallen Lv2 - 140 Swings or better [Helps practice swinging]
3. Symphony World Lv2 - 15 misses or less [Helps with hammers + strums]

Hard -
1. Pang Pang Pang Lv3 - 15 misses or less. [Helps with continuous strum notes + hammers]
2. Father's Hand Lv2 - 15 misses or less
3. I Like You Lv3 - 10 misses or less
4. My Love Lv3 - 5 misses or less
5. Love Mode Lv3 10 misses or less

These are the songs / objectives I set myself to practice + get better really. After you complete these you can easily study any perform and flame out according to your game style.

If you want to study my strats / flame outs then my YouTube channel is located here : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRwZJw ... y_R26O3ElQ

I am still uploading some songs on Bana.

Hope this helps~ so much text

Additional help.

If you think you're hitting your notes earlier than usual, consider changing your judgement to positive by hitting F11.

If you think you're hitting notes super late,t hen go negative judgement.

It's all about personal preference again.
Last edited by -Ant on September 8th, 2014, 9:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
300   Top

Luminate
Scout
Scout

Re: How To Guitar Guide

Postby Luminate » August 14th, 2014, 6:15 pm

Them pinky pointing out LOL ;haha
“There are no convenient miracles and there is logic that should be inviolable.”
-Zetsuen no Tempest

Marcin

Postby Marcin » August 14th, 2014, 6:21 pm

Thank you so much for putting this up, Anthony!

Time to start practicing harder than ever!

I've got a question though about so called hidden. What is that? How to do it? How does it work? I heard it's a hidden spark you can get from certain notes.
Always remember: Never accept the world as it appears to be.
Dare to see it, for what it could be.

-Ant
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby -Ant » August 14th, 2014, 6:25 pm

Marcin wrote in Re: How To Guitar Guide:Thank you so much for putting this up, Anthony!

I've got a question though about so called hidden. What is that? How to do it? How does it work? I heard it's a hidden spark you can get from certain notes.

I'll add onto it then and explain on my 1st post. give me 10mins

Trona
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Trona » August 14th, 2014, 6:26 pm

Nice coherent guide! Is that you in the video? It's interesting to see you only use three fingers when you hit the notes. I feel it's harder to shift your fingers back and forth to hit that forth note when instead you could use your pinky and always have your fingers use the same set of keys. But hey if that works for you and is working for others that's great! Maybe that's why you're better than I am lol.

Marcin

Postby Marcin » August 14th, 2014, 6:31 pm

herbum wrote in Re: How To Guitar Guide:
Marcin wrote in Re: How To Guitar Guide:Thank you so much for putting this up, Anthony!

Thanks! And last thing that popped in my head. There were occasions where some players were telling me or others to either focus on gaining spark by doing something, hitting CTRL/SPACE right after strumming (SHIFT) on band notes I think, or focus on the score while flaming out.

What do they exactly mean by that? Did I even get it right? I'm not sure. That's what has been confusing me since I heard about it.
Last edited by Marcin on August 14th, 2014, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always remember: Never accept the world as it appears to be.
Dare to see it, for what it could be.

Annay
Hatchling
Hatchling

Postby Annay » August 14th, 2014, 6:35 pm

Trona wrote in Re: How To Guitar Guide:Nice coherent guide! Is that you in the video? It's interesting to see you only use three fingers when you hit the notes. I feel it's harder to shift your fingers back and forth to hit that forth note when instead you could use your pinky and always have your fingers use the same set of keys. But hey if that works for you and is working for others that's great! Maybe that's why you're better than I am lol.

Yes, some people uses three or four fingers. A few of members in my fam uses three fingers and are better than me in this mode
As a four finger player in guitar (me), pinky (weak) would be a bit difficult to press if the keys are constantly at:
( z, x ) or ( M, < ) + Shift.
So three finger players might have an advantage on that ;Nml.
Play by your own finger's strength ;Up.
Hmu if you play MH4U, MHGen or RO! ;-)

Amae
Scout
Scout

Postby Amae » August 14th, 2014, 6:40 pm

damn anthony..
so helpful ;Lttr
aus jus

-Ant
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby -Ant » August 14th, 2014, 6:46 pm

Trona wrote in Re: How To Guitar Guide:Nice coherent guide! Is that you in the video? It's interesting to see you only use three fingers when you hit the notes. I feel it's harder to shift your fingers back and forth to hit that forth note when instead you could use your pinky and always have your fingers use the same set of keys. But hey if that works for you and is working for others that's great! Maybe that's why you're better than I am lol.

Yes it is lol
Marcin wrote in Re: How To Guitar Guide:
herbum wrote in Re: How To Guitar Guide:

Thanks! And last thing that popped in my head. There were occasions where some players were telling me or others to either focus on gaining spark by doing something, hitting CTRL/SPACE right after strumming (SHIFT) on band notes I think, or focus on the score while flaming out.

What do they exactly mean by that? Did I even get it right? I'm not sure. That's what has been confusing me since I heard about it.

Getting spark is a way to develop your multiplier. For example . I'm putting this on Audition Level 3 terms. If I have 580k with 940 spark vs a guy with 430k with 1.4k spark .. I'm going to lose gradually because his multiplier is a lot higher than mine therefore he's going to score a lot more than me during FM. You have to balance it out really. On my Horse Frenzy Lv1 flame out you have to hold ctrl very early.

Added a close up on how I hit those swing notes and such .

Yaoi
Senior Warden
Senior Warden

Postby Yaoi » August 14th, 2014, 7:13 pm

lmfao ur pinky sticking out look so weird....

;Lttr We're gay together ;Lttr

Next

Return to Guides