Late night doodling @ join.me

by Yao
A place to showcase art, whether it be in the form of pictures, videos, writing, or otherwise. Performances such as dancing, singing, or playing an instrument are welcome too!

Yao
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Late night doodling @ join.me

Postby Yao » January 24th, 2015, 4:39 am

Couture wrote in Re: Late night doodling @ join.me:
Yao wrote in Re: Late night doodling @ join.me:currently drawing again @ https://join.me/238-325-186

waifu help, idk how to draw guy hair lol its so hard and mine always looks so flat.

Holly wrote in Re: Late night doodling @ join.me:^^^
HOW DO YOU DRAW HAIR IN GENERAL??

mine are always dead looking
how to floww

for me. it's important to know where the hair is parted, from that area i let the hair flow
[Reveal] Spoiler: step-by-step
i want a middle parting, so i start with a small stroke in the middle, but on top of her head.

from the parting, i make small strokes to make it more ''flowy'' and just stop at whichever length i want the hair to be.
hair is never really straight, so making the right curves is essential (and a lot of ctrl+z for me ! :D)

same for the other side...

draw some more locks at the end of the hair, and to have some variation: let a few locks curve in different directions.
as for her "bang" follow the middle parting downwards and sweep it to the side

if you want to make it seem less flat, you can just draw strands of hair (small, short strokes).
it's important to keep in mind that it should be 3D, like so:

as you can see the strands all have a different curve which creates some depth in the hair

Couture wrote in Re: Late night doodling @ join.me:
^^^^The struggle ;__;. I also hate hands! Oh god, hands ;Ghst....

[Reveal] Spoiler: base structure of the hand
the base structure of the hand consists of a trapeze like form as you can see up here^

i can show you guys how i draw certain things, just hit me up and i can screenshare n__n
Keenu | Exhausted&iLikeLemons | Terribad
幸福是什么? MyAnimeList | ArtShoppe
50   Top

Llamas
Forum Council
Forum Council

Postby Llamas » January 24th, 2015, 4:43 am

oh my gawd drawings with actual steps. All hail me-yao !! It's not those drawings with the basic shape sketch then BAM MASTERPIECE ;cries
llamas are love llamas are life

Couture
Administrator
Premium Donator
Administrator

Postby Couture » January 24th, 2015, 9:12 am

Yeah, Yao is so pro. Lines never seemed so hard to draw xD! When I try and do the fill in lines (make it seem less flat) it looks messy and terrible ;(. Maybe I should have someone else look at it, since it's easy to bash your own work.
Gabzie ♥ Jordan
"Life isn't a spectator sport. If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your life go by without you."

Signature Credits to: tgfcoder (my love♥).

Pose
Champion
Champion

Postby Pose » January 24th, 2015, 1:50 pm

Damn so complex ;Drnk
Image~ •○☼ OCTOPI FAM ☼○• ~Image

○ You wish you were us ○

Previous

Return to Artistic Creations and Performances