Steam release...

by Elfire
Discuss anything to do with Audition here.

Aly
Hyperflux
Premium Donator
Hyperflux

Re: Steam release...

Postby Aly » June 9th, 2015, 9:17 am

Redbana isn't the best company, I agree. I feel like at times, the GMs abuse their powers. But really, I do have friends on Audition and once Audi is really shut down, then poof they all go!
I think I'm going to start adding more of my Audition friends on Skype or whatnot so that I don't ever seem to completely lose them. ;CryP

Elfire
Forum Council
Forum Council

Postby Elfire » June 9th, 2015, 12:48 pm

That's the attitude, Aly. ;Nml At present, you can virtually get connected with anyone, at anytime and anyplace. You don't need a silly dance game to keep in touch with people you consider your close friends.
He's burned down many a bridge
And he's scared of walking in the dark
It hurts when the rain falls on his skin
50   Top

Couture
Administrator
Premium Donator
Administrator

Postby Couture » June 9th, 2015, 12:53 pm

Elfire wrote in Re: Steam release...:That's the attitude, Aly. ;Nml At present, you can virtually get connected with anyone, at anytime and anyplace. You don't need a silly dance game to keep in touch with people you consider your close friends.

Exactly what Paulie said!

I mean, Marcin and I don't play audition nearly as much as we use to, but he and I still talk everyday! You don't have to lose contact with your close friends just because you/they might not be on audition anymore.
Gabzie ♥ Jordan
"Life isn't a spectator sport. If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your life go by without you."

Signature Credits to: tgfcoder (my love♥).

Marcin

Postby Marcin » June 9th, 2015, 1:22 pm

Exactly. Furthermore, now that more people are using Steam I'm trying to add as many friends I had good memories and/or contact with as possible before it's too late.
Always remember: Never accept the world as it appears to be.
Dare to see it, for what it could be.
50   Top

Michiyo
Junior
Junior

Postby Michiyo » June 10th, 2015, 3:07 pm

I started playing this game around 2007. I've left the game for a bit, but I never actually went ahead and entirely quit it. While this game gets boring at times, I still like it. It's addicting. I like working towards goals, playing, or just chatting. I can do that in any game, any other version of this game, or just on social media, but I always gravitate towards Redbana Audition. Now, just because I like the game, does not necessarily mean I like its management team.

I agree with a lot of the points people made (i.e. Redbana's biased, careless and whatnot), but I also disagree with other points--particularly in regards to the Steam event. I don't think people who posted up positive reviews are, as Gabby and others have said, "thirsty." (Gabby, I used your term, not because I'm specifically directing this post to you, but because I felt your term best described what these individuals are being called.)

Allow me to explain.

I am not familiar with Steam reviews. I've heard that a lot of people depend on these reviews to try out a game. If this is true, I feel bad that the integrity of their reviews has been tarnished. However, just because people posted positive reviews for the event does not mean they should be insulted. I love how people try to defend themselves by saying "Oh, I did it because I don't want to spend my own money on this **** game" or "Oh, I wanted to screw them over" because they don't want to look bad in front of others. Sorry, but you're lying to yourselves. You saw an opportunity of something that's free and you took advantage of it (like the April Login event that I will refer to in a bit). You didn't have to go ahead and write a positive review. If you are so against Audition, why would you leave a positive review knowing others would "believe" it? I urge you, then, to accept the fact that, as I said, you wanted something free. You wanted free cash. There's nothing wrong with it. After all, it's like any other event. You fulfill certain requirements and you get a reward. Take the April Login event. I'm pretty sure that if you logged on every day (and you only had to do about 2 games per day), your cash prizes would amount to about 25k+ (way more, I mean.. look at the Home Premium Mark). By logging on every day, you're potentially making the game more active--that's the purpose of all these events, including the Steam event. I feel like I have to give Steam players credit too. Wouldn't they KNOW this game's reviews are unreliable simply by looking at them? Or how about them actually joining forums? They would see the event and realize how much of a fraud the reviews are. Personally, I don't depend on reviews to download apps or games. I've accepted that people have different tastes and that most of these reviews are lies, so I go to multiple sources (like, say, gameplay videos). Even if Steam players knew these reviews were bullcrap, don't you think they would still give it a shot? They're getting free stuff, after all. I know if I went ahead and saw a game was giving free stuff, I would try it out. If I don't like it, I can quit it. (Kind of like a free sample at the supermarket or something.)

And this is where I think a lot of these complaints against the event are biased. When it comes down to it, people are either upset that this game's not getting enough credit or that it's getting too much credit for what it is (or was). To those who think the game and its players are not getting enough credit: I agree. Some people would post genuinely good reviews on steam--if they bothered to post any. To those who think that this game's getting too much credit: a lot of you are upset at the unfairness to you--or friends--experienced in the game. For this reason, you think the game should die. I, too, have gone through negative experiences. However, while I'm sorry that we had to go through such terrible experiences, I can't help but ask: Isn't your wish a little selfish? Think about it. There are still people who like playing this game. This is an opportunity to revive it. Some people are even happy about the way the game's becoming active again (http://forums.redbana.com/forum/redbana ... a-high-now). Don't ruin it for everyone else. In fact, don't even make yourselves angry over a game that you don't think is worth it. If it falls, you get to laugh. You didn't even have to waste your time! I think my biggest suggestion is this: don't bring your negative attitude to the board every chance you get. You're allowed to point out the faults this game has and give constructive criticism (because.. it does have many faults), but judging and insulting everyone isn't making the situation any better.

To finish this off, I would like to say: give these steam people more credit. If you're upset because you think they're being lied to, I don't think you really should be. After all, they are not getting ripped off. They're getting free stuff. They can leave the game as fast as they joined it. Remember, they don't have to pay to play this game. The game is FREE.
michiyo {} messiah;

Dennis wrote:Image
200   Top

dizzi
Junior
Junior

Postby dizzi » June 12th, 2015, 6:40 am

lol. as I said im not dying for it and im not trying to defend myself. im just being honest ;GrinP and i dont want any1 to ''believe'' anything ;GrinP if some people want it to be shut down then thats their business(and by just wishing nothing cant happen lol) its gona die anyways cuz of the way redbana treats people. this fact wont stay hidden for too long from the people joining the game now so .. ;GrinP (+audition is removed from steam ;VVP )
everyone is free to bring up their opinion (negative/positive it doesnt matter) anytime and anywhere ;GrinP every person is FREE to speak her/his mind and saying what he/she thinks isnt ''insulting'' or ''judging'' ..''everyone''? and ofcourse pretending everything is fine and nothing has happened wont make the situation better ;Cess ;SLK
peace. ;Angl ;Bulb
Forever ;Lttr

Marcin

Postby Marcin » June 12th, 2015, 7:09 am

Now that everyone's opinion's been shared and discussed, I'm locking down the thread. It doesn't seem they're going to get punished for this in any way as usual. If you want to read more convincing facts about Redbana being (so far) one of the worst companies out there, head over to the steam reviews of the game.
Always remember: Never accept the world as it appears to be.
Dare to see it, for what it could be.

Previous

Return to Audition