Steam release...

by Elfire
Discuss anything to do with Audition here.

Trona
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Steam release...

Postby Trona » June 8th, 2015, 5:06 am

I know this is the unpopular opinion but I actually did write a Review on Steam for Banacash. I didn't mind it because what I wrote was truthful but as Marcin said, I would have probably written the same review anyway had I not known about the bribe.

tgfcoder
Owner and Creator of Tgforums
Premium Donator
Owner and Creator of Tgforums

Postby tgfcoder » June 8th, 2015, 7:39 am

Trona wrote in Re: Steam release...:I know this is the unpopular opinion but I actually did write a Review on Steam for Banacash. I didn't mind it because what I wrote was truthful but as Marcin said, I would have probably written the same review anyway had I not known about the bribe.

My problem is not with people who like the game and/or are participating in the event, but with the company who are using these tactics and then backpedaling really hard to avoid looking guilty. In fact I'm glad you're able to post that here in an open and honest manner and nobody will beat you up for it.

If I wrote a rave review for a game, I would hate that other potential players would call into question my review's legitimacy. I would hate that a game I like has a whole bunch of forced reviews flooding the page. Regardless of whether this event is a violation of Steam's TOS (that is for Valve to decide) it is a violation of players' trust. They are literally saying there is money for you if you bump up the ratings - somehow this is different to "indicating players should write a good review for us" - how, exactly? Because you didn't use those exact words? Please, that is a pathetic excuse. What this is really saying is that they don't care about what players really think about the game and/or they are not confident it will organically get good reviews. They won't admit this or discuss the moral implications of what they're trying to achieve. Instead they'll continue to focus and frame it around Steam's ToS...

Regardless of how good a game is, this is a very shady tactic and it is bound to blow up in their faces. I don't think this is OK to do no matter how much they justify it (putting $40 in front of people's faces is a great way to get them on your side real fast) and they shouldn't have the ability to contest my word on a free marketplace (Steam.) There are some people on the RB forums seeing through this and saying "hey, but wait a minute" but that's just a few in a few hundred thirsty for BC.

Edit: they closed the event because of "players' conflict". Would have been nicer if they admitted making a mistake with this event but that is asking too much.
50   Top

dizzi
Junior
Junior

Postby dizzi » June 8th, 2015, 9:23 am

The review on steam made me remember i had an acct here. And as it comes to audi..I was expecting redbana to do such thing but not so fast to be honest. im still wondering how did they make it 6 years since redbana replaced nexon. all they deserve is the game to be shut down ;Mad now when i look back i feel sorry for all the money i spent and not to mention my cpl 1000$+ and in the end he got banned because the GMs friends hate him so all of a sudden he became a '''''hacker''''''. another example how fcked up redbana is ;haha
thumbs up for tgfcoders steam comment. its good they cant delete comments there hehe
(left positive comment but gona change it to negative after i get my cash ;haha trolling them)
p.s is it possible to sue redbana? like for all the **** they have done. they rly deserve it and i hope someone will do it someday(if the game didnt die before that ;haha) if its possible
Forever ;Lttr

Marcin

Postby Marcin » June 8th, 2015, 10:26 am

There's one thing they could be sued for, but I'm not going to share it. Veterans should know what I have in mind.

Now that I came to think of it, don't you guys think it's quite shameful for the community to snatch that extra cash? I mean-- this game is dying, right? Right. If I knew or noticed game is dying, I would do anything I could to make it survive, right? Right. If our reviews were to help, people would certainly do that. Now, look at the comments, forums, facebook pages - it's really sad how most of our players are pretty much only counting on the prize rather than their favourite game being alive a bit longer.
Always remember: Never accept the world as it appears to be.
Dare to see it, for what it could be.

dizzi
Junior
Junior

Postby dizzi » June 8th, 2015, 10:50 am

I am not a person who would do that for the prize BUT .. here comes the but. redbana deserves that to be honest and we all know it. I dont even know why i keep logging on but i do from time to time.. maybe because of all the time i spent playing before ;Etc and it became a habbit. anyways everyone has their point of view ;Sng for me personally redbana is a piece of.. cake ;haha i duno why i still find it enjoyable to spend time on it but hey what can i do about it. just enjoying it while it lasts ;GrinP (as for the cash..im not dying for it but if they r offering it why not.)
and so as i said everyone has their point of view, Marcin so u r free do judge me and the ppl who do that but this event is against the steam rules and they should not be doing this to get positive reviews and all the coruption in this company is too much .. so yea thats my point. they do not deserve loyalty or anything from all the players giving them money to support them and the game and in the end getting this attitude ;Cess
Forever ;Lttr

Leebyn
Graduate Junior
Graduate Junior

Postby Leebyn » June 8th, 2015, 11:35 am

I said this to a few people already, but I like to think that I would've written a positive review regardless of whether the event was going on. However, I'd be lying if I said I didn't know about it at the time of writing. I really wish they never had the event to begin with... people keep arguing that "oh the people would've put a positive review anyways" but the real problem is response bias - how many of those people would have put a review at all? You always see a bigger representation of people with negative experiences in things like product feedback, because when the product works and the consumer is indifferent, they don't bother leaving a review. If there's no incentive, the product has to leave an extraordinary impression, to surpass previous expectations, for someone to leave positive feedback for its own merit.
And of course, existence of the event also takes away the credibility of those who really do think it's worth a positive recommendation.

I posted a review after some deliberation, and edited out my IGN later. I really do want this game to succeed, and I guess I'm still stupidly naive and optimistic that they'll somehow change their ways, despite all these years of slow pieces and more nothing. I'm hoping that they (not just Redbana, but T3 and above) would take all the shortcomings (really simple things, mentioned by players who aren't already entranced by this old game) into account and give Audition a decent update, but I know in my heart that they have moved on from Audition. The real question is- do you recommend playing this game knowing that this is more or less the finished product?

This is a less tainted version of how I feel about Audition on Steam, though it was from a while back.

I did "upvote" most of the negative reviews that were actually thoughtful and hit "No" for a LOT of the **** posts by people wanting 40k bc.
Regarding the Redbana forums thread, I'm actually really disappointed in a few of the people who posted there. I thought we were more mature than that.

As for right now, I'm trying to decide whether or not to just delete my Steam review, people don't find it helpful anyways. EDIT: decided to delete it
Last edited by Leebyn on June 8th, 2015, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, I am lurking ;Sly
1) Leebyn (♥Greentlover)
2) Ribbon 3+4) Zindagi and Pyaar ज़िन्दगी और प्यार
CHARLEMAGNE : Intel Core i5-4670k(4.2GHz@1.181v), Asus Z87-A, Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2x8GB@1600MHz, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB, Intel X25-M 80GB, Seasonic SSR-650RM, Corsair 400R, CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Red)
Tiers too hard | Facebook | Youtube | Stream | irl lol | Redbana Forums Profile
100   Top

Couture
Administrator
Premium Donator
Administrator

Postby Couture » June 8th, 2015, 12:00 pm

Ah Leebyn, You're too good to Redbana. I admire that about you, and I saw your comment, I think that honestly, it's great if some people genuinely enjoy the game, and we're not here to shame the people who actually like playing, it's more towards the greedy people that actually gave into it. I agree with you on the part where you said "..the real problem is response bias - how many of those people would have put a review at all?", and it's very true. Money encourages anyone to be greedy and buy into such shady tactics just to benefit themselves.

New players who might actually want to give the game a shot, find out that most of the positive comments were a lie, are probably going to go back, and end up leaving a negative review anyways, so why false advertise, Redbana?

@Dizzi I personally wouldn't call that trolling lol, but yes everyone has their own opinion on the matter. We're not here to judge anyone, whether they gave in just to get the cash, even if it was against how they really feel. Welcome back by the way.
Gabzie ♥ Jordan
"Life isn't a spectator sport. If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your life go by without you."

Signature Credits to: tgfcoder (my love♥).

Trona
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Trona » June 8th, 2015, 4:25 pm

Thanks for the support Jordan. I figured if I were to use money in this game, it might as well be theirs lol.

Even if Redbana were to actually apologize for their unethical practice, I think long time players would suspect that they would only be doing it for player remorse and not because they actually think they're wrong. As said before on this thread, this isn't the first time Redbana has messed up supporting their community. It really makes no sense as to why they treat their players (especially paying ones) with such disregard. They buried themselves in a hole so deep that attempting to climb out of it is futile. And so the players are in a dilemma. Do we keep playing the game because we enjoy it or do we stop playing the game to boycott Redbana? The whole review thing on Steam (though they claim " it didn't have to be positive", was obviously a stunt to boost player numbers but I don't see how they couldn't have predicted that once Steam approved them it wouldn't get ugly.

icaffeine
Scout
Scout

Postby icaffeine » June 9th, 2015, 12:55 am

I posted because I genuinely loved Redbana. I'm not involved with the whole Redbana controversy. I'm just looking to have a good time and that has succeeded for me.

If Redbana shuts down though.... I would lose all my friends, poof. Off in a distance.

I hope that besides from the corrupt GMs, **** game service that truly Audi is a great game.
MStar - Caffeine (Active)
Garena ID - Caffeinateds
FeverMix - Caffeine
(Inactive)

http://www.play-asia.com/

dizzi
Junior
Junior

Postby dizzi » June 9th, 2015, 5:32 am

Thank you Couture ;CuteP .. +1 i agree audi is a great game but the way redbana treats people ruined it
Forever ;Lttr
50   Top

PreviousNext

Return to Audition