Steam release...

by Elfire
Discuss anything to do with Audition here.

Aly
Hyperflux
Premium Donator
Hyperflux

Re: Steam release...

Postby Aly » June 7th, 2015, 7:30 pm

Oh. My. God.
;haha

Elfire
Forum Council
Forum Council

Postby Elfire » June 7th, 2015, 8:42 pm

Couture wrote in Re: Steam release...:
Elfire wrote in Re: Steam release...:So I posted this on Redbana forums ;Grin

I wonder how long until they remove my post. Place your bets!

LMFAO bless you Paulie, for making my day XD!

By the way, do you legit have to download it on steam to write a review? Because I want to write a negative one, but can't seem to be able to.

You need to have some time on your playcount. Steam prevents users from reviewing games they haven't played. c:

In other news, it looks like some people on Redbana forums finally realized that this event is against Valve's ToS. ;Grin
He's burned down many a bridge
And he's scared of walking in the dark
It hurts when the rain falls on his skin

tgfcoder
Owner and Creator of Tgforums
Premium Donator
Owner and Creator of Tgforums

Postby tgfcoder » June 7th, 2015, 8:54 pm

Review posted on Steam

Bribed reviews

I started playing this game in 2009 and have hundreds of (non-Steam) hours in this game.

You could not ask for a better example of the hypocritical, low tactics that the management of this game uses. They are incenting players to leave positive reviews to the value of $10-$40 USD of in-game currency. Do you really want to trust a game that is essentially stating it cannot naturally get positive reviews? They also heavily censor their forums from bad publicity so don't be surprised if this thread disappears. There is a very "you're either with us, or banned" kind of mentality here. Very little transparency. In fact, the opposite. They want you to only know what they tell you.

The game itself, while outdated, sometimes buggy, and pretty lackluster by today's standards, is fun - and with the relative lack of good rhythm games out there, that is a point in Audition's favor. If you like social rhythm games and dress-up, you might enjoy yourself for a while. This server does not really have the best hits because by their own word they don't have enough money. However it does have songs with uncensored explicit language and racial epithets, suggestive clothing /themes and a good chunk of their playerbase under their required age of 13.

However, I cannot recommend this game because of how horribly this game is managed. Redbana is doing anything they can to keep the cash flowing in this dying game and it's showing. They will run events where the cost (in real money) to enter is the same as the value of the prize (IF you win!) They will pretend to care about you right up until the moment you are no longer giving them money or helping them. I wrote the X-Patcher software that provides a better launcher interface than the existing one. I gave technical support to hundreds of users to get more people to play this game. I got fed up with their apathy towards players and their inability to actually do anything that mattered, and quit.

The GMs have previously shown preferential treatment. They are inconsistent in punishment and will do anything they want with very little transparency. They are incompetent children that have banned hard-working players because they levelled up 'too fast'. Even the game's "player council" has very little influence, and does not get much more information, having been on it myself. Or the sad reality they do leak out to the council members is hush-hush, don't tell our players because they might leave. There is a lot they keep secret, and for good reason: They want you to play, and give them money, and hope you don't have any issues or concerns or suggestions. Everything is fine as long as you don't create waves. Because they can't / won't do anything to help you. There are bugs in the game that have never been fixed.

I am disappointed, again and again and again.
200   Top

Couture
Administrator
Premium Donator
Administrator

Postby Couture » June 7th, 2015, 8:59 pm

Elfire wrote in Re: Steam release...:
Couture wrote in Re: Steam release...:
Elfire wrote in Re: Steam release...:So I posted this on Redbana forums ;Grin

I wonder how long until they remove my post. Place your bets!

LMFAO bless you Paulie, for making my day XD!

By the way, do you legit have to download it on steam to write a review? Because I want to write a negative one, but can't seem to be able to.

You need to have some time on your playcount. Steam prevents users from reviewing games they haven't played. c:

In other news, it looks like some people on Redbana forums finally realized that this event is against Valve's ToS. ;Grin

Good, I hope this shoves redbana down even further. Desperate enough to get good reviews written for them to break the host's ToS.
Gabzie ♥ Jordan
"Life isn't a spectator sport. If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your life go by without you."

Signature Credits to: tgfcoder (my love♥).

Aly
Hyperflux
Premium Donator
Hyperflux

Postby Aly » June 7th, 2015, 10:10 pm

tgfcoder wrote in Re: Steam release...:Posting review:

Bribed reviews

I started playing this game in 2009 and have hundreds of (non-Steam) hours in this game.

You could not ask for a better example of the hypocritical, low tactics that the management of this game uses. They are incenting players to leave positive reviews to the value of $10-$40 USD of in-game currency. Do you really want to trust a game that is essentially stating it cannot naturally get positive reviews? They also heavily censor their forums from bad publicity so don't be surprised if this thread disappears. There is a very "you're either with us, or banned" kind of mentality here. Very little transparency. In fact, the opposite. They want you to only know what they tell you.

The game itself, while outdated, sometimes buggy, and pretty lackluster by today's standards, is fun - and with the relative lack of good rhythm games out there, that is a point in Audition's favor. If you like social rhythm games and dress-up, you might enjoy yourself for a while. This server does not really have the best hits because by their own word they don't have enough money. However it does have songs with uncensored explicit language and racial epithets, suggestive clothing /themes and a good chunk of their playerbase under their required age of 13.

However, I cannot recommend this game because of how horribly this game is managed. Redbana is doing anything they can to keep the cash flowing in this dying game and it's showing. They will run events where the cost (in real money) to enter is the same as the value of the prize (IF you win!) They will pretend to care about you right up until the moment you are no longer giving them money or helping them. I wrote the X-Patcher software that provides a better launcher interface than the existing one. I gave technical support to hundreds of users to get more people to play this game. I got fed up with their apathy towards players and their inability to actually do anything that mattered, and quit.

The GMs have previously shown preferential treatment. They are inconsistent in punishment and will do anything they want with very little transparency. They are incompetent children that have banned hard-working players because they levelled up 'too fast'. Even the game's "player council" has very little influence, and does not get much more information, having been on it myself. Or the sad reality they do leak out to the council members is hush-hush, don't tell our players because they might leave. There is a lot they keep secret, and for good reason: They want you to play, and give them money, and hope you don't have any issues or concerns or suggestions. Everything is fine as long as you don't create waves. Because they can't / won't do anything to help you. There are bugs in the game that have never been fixed.

You go, Jordan! :'3

Couture
Administrator
Premium Donator
Administrator

Postby Couture » June 7th, 2015, 10:16 pm

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Bribed reviews

Yasssss hubby!!

@Redbana
Gabzie ♥ Jordan
"Life isn't a spectator sport. If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your life go by without you."

Aly
Hyperflux
Premium Donator
Hyperflux

Postby Aly » June 7th, 2015, 10:19 pm

Hmmm.

Couture
Administrator
Premium Donator
Administrator

Postby Couture » June 7th, 2015, 10:20 pm

They are still beyond retarded thinking they could just do that without checking Valves ToS. **** em, greedy ****.
Gabzie ♥ Jordan

Aly
Hyperflux
Premium Donator
Hyperflux

Postby Aly » June 7th, 2015, 10:22 pm

Couture wrote in Re: Steam release...:They are still beyond retarded thinking they could just do that without checking Valves ToS. **** em, greedy ****.

Exactly! Lol. I'm just laughing so hard at all of this... God.
50   Top

Marcin

Postby Marcin » June 8th, 2015, 3:45 am

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Bribed reviews

You made my day. This review is by far the best and most genuine out there. Speaks awful truth that hurts because the game really deserved* better.

Redbana has once again showed nothing apart from disappointment. I am glad I haven't published my review. Both companies, T3 and Redbana, are complete disaster.

Think. How blind do you have to be to chase after, in this case, game success with such cost or method? After what Valve did for them? - accept the game / get it greenlit whatever, talk with **** developers to set the game up and all. I wouldn't be surprised if Clef and others responsible for this simply didn't care to read the ToS or read it hastily without taking it into consideration. If I were Valve here, I would remove the game immediately from Steam. Would you work with such irresponsible company?

About the reviews. I don't want to write a review for this game for various reasons - I don't do it. Period. That's what I did this time. Why? Answer is simple - I take steam recommendations seriously because it's a serious platform for gamers. I deplore there's no neutral review option though. There were some genuine positive reviews, but sadly as of now, they literally disappear in enormity of reviews simply put up for bana cash prize - and that is NOT cool. Bah, it's not even that difficult to figure out which review was written sincerely and which was purely made for profit in form of banacash. If Redbana hadn't put up the event, none of this would've happened and everything would've been okay.

Look at official forums and you will find one thread where brats (because I can't call them any differently) ask when will they receive their prize. See? I hardly believe they still care about the game. They're being manipulated by the hoster. Everyone got used to the thing that it's all about money now.

tl;dr - Most long time Audition veterans would've recommended THE GAME anyway. Regardless if there is a prize or not. There was no need to ask for votes. Simply, because they like THE GAME. As usual, Redbana didn't think of that and decided to do things own way.

* I used past simple tense for a reason. : ))))))))))))))).

First bloomer on world market. Good job, Redbana!

#bringonhaters.
Always remember: Never accept the world as it appears to be.
Dare to see it, for what it could be.
100   Top

PreviousNext

Return to Audition