Streaming on audi???

by Veronicaa
Discuss anything to do with Audition here.

Veronicaa
Scout
Scout

Streaming on audi???

Postby Veronicaa » October 15th, 2014, 8:25 pm

Idk if this is the right place to put this thread but does streaming not work for audi at all?
My friend tried to stream on audi but she said it kept on crashing.
Any solutions??
Minou | Chatte ♥ | Impose
OprahWinfrey | BarackObama | Alpha

Couture
Administrator
Premium Donator
Administrator

Re: Streaming on audi???

Postby Couture » October 15th, 2014, 8:43 pm

Most players stream using twitch. I don't personally do it but that's about all I know xD.
Gabzie ♥ Jordan
"Life isn't a spectator sport. If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your life go by without you."

Signature Credits to: tgfcoder (my love♥).

Veronicaa
Scout
Scout

Postby Veronicaa » October 15th, 2014, 8:49 pm

She was using twitch :(

tgfcoder
Owner and Creator of Tgforums
Premium Donator
Owner and Creator of Tgforums

Postby tgfcoder » October 15th, 2014, 9:45 pm

Is there an error message when it crashes? Is it an X-Trap thing or like some conflict possibly when you open it Audition freezes up or something?

Badass
Junior Warden
Junior Warden

Postby Badass » October 15th, 2014, 9:45 pm

Mmm, i dont know any streaming sites but she could always just record with bandicam o:????

I think a few people got it to work with twitch. If I'm right on who: I'd tell her to ask Leebyn or Wolf about it o:
Badass Kickass ♥ 1,000,000+/2M
"It's like we're 2 seeds in the same pot, we g r o w together"
;Flwr εїзHOURLY GARDEN GUIDE HEREεїз ;Flwr

Veronicaa
Scout
Scout

Postby Veronicaa » October 15th, 2014, 10:53 pm

tgfcoder wrote in Re: Streaming on audi???:Is there an error message when it crashes? Is it an X-Trap thing or like some conflict possibly when you open it Audition freezes up or something?

She said an xtrap error shows up

Badass
Junior Warden
Junior Warden

Postby Badass » October 16th, 2014, 6:08 pm

Idk your friends' IGN but I asked Josh about it just now

He stated " You do if you dont put the settings right that's what causes the xtrap.You have to caputre the monitor itself instead of audi. When you fullscreen audi, it only appears to take up a portion of the monitor if your resolution to your screen is higher than audis resolution. So i record a part of the screen only the exact dimensions of the audi window."

His twitch is http://www.twitch.tv/AuditionWolf, the quality seems to be fine to me o:
Badass Kickass ♥ 1,000,000+/2M
"It's like we're 2 seeds in the same pot, we g r o w together"
;Flwr εїзHOURLY GARDEN GUIDE HEREεїз ;Flwr

-Ant
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby -Ant » October 16th, 2014, 6:32 pm

If the streaming application uses an overlay such as XSplit Gamecaster / Xfire then it will give you an XTrap error. I stream guitar tournament on my channel every single day when I'm at college. I use XSplit Gamecaster, all I have to do is set up a macro key to enable the stream without using the overlay.

http://www.twitch.tv/anthonyds5

50   Top

Leebyn
Graduate Junior
Graduate Junior

Postby Leebyn » October 16th, 2014, 7:02 pm

^ Yes depending on which broadcasting program you're using, the overlay might trigger an X-Trap error.

Badass wrote in Re: Streaming on audi???:[...]
He stated " You do if you dont put the settings right that's what causes the xtrap.You have to caputre the monitor itself instead of audi. When you fullscreen audi, it only appears to take up a portion of the monitor if your resolution to your screen is higher than audis resolution. So i record a part of the screen only the exact dimensions of the audi window."
[...]

^ This is important.

I use Open Broadcaster Software currently (because it's free and has nice features lol) and I think he is as well.

You can't use "Game Capture" with Audition because the library files used by OBS are flagged by X-Trap, and Audition doesn't show up under "Window Capture" unless you are in windowed mode. You'll need to use a monitor capture as described above ^

These are working settings for monitor capture for full screen Audition.

(If I remember correctly, monitor capture for Audition in Windows 8 doesn't work properly so you cannot stream in full screen. However, the last time I actually attempted this was about a year ago, so maybe you can find a way now haha.)

My stream link for reference: http://www.twitch.tv/leebyn (the live page) and http://www.twitch.tv/leebyn/profile (highlights)
My upload speed isn't as good as Wolf's so my picture quality isn't as good as his haha.

If you need any help with setting up a stream, I'd be happy to try to help you. I've used old version FFSplit in the past (because it doesn't chunk your performance as much as OBS) but I've switched over because of better features in Open Broadcaster. I don't have experience with XSplit though, you'll probably want to ask Anthony about that one lol.
Last edited by Leebyn on October 16th, 2014, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, I am lurking ;Sly
1) Leebyn (♥Greentlover)
2) Ribbon 3+4) Zindagi and Pyaar ज़िन्दगी और प्यार
CHARLEMAGNE : Intel Core i7-4790k(4.6GHz@1.27v), Asus Z87-A, Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2x8GB@1600MHz, Sapphire Tri-X R9 290, Intel X25-M 80GB, Seasonic SSR-650RM, Corsair 400R, CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Red)
Tiers too hard | Facebook | Youtube | Stream | irl lol | Redbana Forums Profile

-Ant
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby -Ant » October 16th, 2014, 7:29 pm

Leebyn wrote in Re: Streaming on audi???:^ Yes depending on which broadcasting program you're using, the overlay might trigger an X-Trap error.

Badass wrote in Re: Streaming on audi???:[...]
[...]

^ This is important.

I use Open Broadcaster Software currently (because it's free and has nice features lol) and I think he is as well.

You can't use "Game Capture" with Audition because the library files used by OBS are flagged by X-Trap, and Audition doesn't show up under "Window Capture" unless you are in windowed mode. You'll need to use a monitor capture as described above ^

These are working settings for monitor capture for full screen Audition.

(If I remember correctly, monitor capture for Audition in Windows 8 doesn't work properly so you cannot stream in full screen. However, the last time I actually attempted this was about a year ago, so maybe you can find a way now haha.)

My stream link for reference: http://www.twitch.tv/leebyn (the live page) and http://www.twitch.tv/leebyn/profile (highlights)
My upload speed isn't as good as Wolf's so my picture quality isn't as good as his haha.
I had about 590 vods of Audition (probably ~400 hours) over the past 2 years before twitch stopped saving them forever :') If you've seen me in a BU/BR tournament anytime after December 2012, I have the stream video of it archived on my hard drive.

If you need any help with setting up a stream, I'd be happy to try to help you. I've used old version FFSplit in the past (because it doesn't chunk your performance as much as OBS) but I've switched over because of better features in Open Broadcaster. I don't have experience with XSplit though, you'll probably want to ask Anthony about that one lol.

Must be a caveman to set up to set up Gamecaster...

XSplit Broadcaster is a little trickier to set up + uses monotone audio if you don't have the paid version. Gamecaster is a lot better

Return to Audition