RedBana's Forums stealing Jordan's Peachies

by Albert
Discuss anything to do with Audition here.

Albert
Wanderer
Wanderer

RedBana's Forums stealing Jordan's Peachies

Postby Albert » November 25th, 2013, 8:19 am

So as I scout through the forums, I see that RBF now has peachies available (the idea obviously coming from our talented Jordan first) but what I noticed way back was that when Jordan implemented them, they obviously didn't run as smooth and as exact as they did in game. Take for example the ;CryP face and the ;haha and the ;GrinP face. They obviously have the same general idea, but they dont look the same. (If you kinda get what I'm saying)

Anywho, while looking through RBF, I noticed that the way their peachies run (being a bit off) is exactly to that of Jordan's peachies. Could it be that they took it from him? Obviously because they didn't have the brains to implement it long time ago, they took Jordan's idea and images and put it on their site.

Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I've gone completely insane. Oh well.

;GrinP ;haha ;Hi ;LuvUP ;Sng ;VVP ;Yay ;Angl ;Cold ;Cpd ;CryP ;Dork ;Drnk ;Dvl ;Dzzy ;Ghst ;Hot ;KissP ;MadP ;OuchP ;Prc ;Prcs ;??? ;SighP ;SLK ;Sprs ;YawnP ;Wink ;Whn

Couture
Administrator
Premium Donator
Administrator

Re: RedBana's Forums stealing Jordan's Peachies

Postby Couture » November 25th, 2013, 8:53 am

Psst Al ...;Spy look here. It was brought up there already LOL they also took the special emots like ;Up and ;OwO.
Gabzie ♥ Jordan
"Life isn't a spectator sport. If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your life go by without you."

Signature Credits to: tgfcoder (my love♥).

Aly
Hyperflux
Premium Donator
Hyperflux

Postby Aly » November 25th, 2013, 9:08 am

Lunea wrote in Re: RedBana's Forums stealing Jordan's Peachies:Psst Al ...;Spy look here. It was brought up there already LOL they also took the special emots like ;Up and ;OwO.

uhhuh ^^^^^
;Etc

tr848

Postby tr848 » November 25th, 2013, 11:25 am

I provided the peach emotes for Redbana Forums (you'll notice that they're the same ones on Audifan as well), when someone suggested adding new emotes because we hadn't gotten any new ones in a while.

I got them from a Vietnamese Audition website. They do look like they have the same animation frames missing, so they quite possibly may be the same ones. If Jordan was the one who made them and the Vietnam site took them, I did not know that, and I wouldn't have used them on Audifan, nor would I have given them to Redbana.

As for the other emotes, they were made by Keiko on Redbana Forums (forums [dot] redbana [dot] com/showthread.php?t=50759), and she said that anyone can use them.

Sora

Postby Sora » November 25th, 2013, 12:27 pm

LOL this is hilarious. Well I don't know where the idea came from that it was Jordan's peachies but I doubt Redbana would use them without his permission. Seeing as how they could probably get into trouble for that. But Like tr848 said, if it really is Jordan's peachies, I think he would have mentioned it a while ago, or other people on the RB forums would have mentioned it by now.

tgfcoder
Owner and Creator of Tgforums
Premium Donator

Postby tgfcoder » November 25th, 2013, 1:30 pm

Yes I did rip them manually from the game by taking lots of screenshots which is why they're not perfect, I'm not mad that Redbana is using them, I didn't draw them. It seems like it was copied via a third party. And the extra icons are Claudia (Keiko) who also did the art for chibi creator. The features thread linked above is to document features that we have implemented that Redbana forums since has, which people reference for different reasons.

tr848

Postby tr848 » November 25th, 2013, 1:45 pm

I guess the site from which I got them took yours! :( I didn't know you made them.

tgfcoder
Premium Donator

Postby tgfcoder » November 25th, 2013, 2:08 pm

That's ok, all I would really ask for is credit for the half an hour I spent making the gifs lol

Albert
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby Albert » November 25th, 2013, 2:20 pm

Sora wrote in Re: RedBana's Forums stealing Jordan's Peachies:LOL this is hilarious. Well I don't know where the idea came from that it was Jordan's peachies but I doubt Redbana would use them without his permission. Seeing as how they could probably get into trouble for that. But Like tr848 said, if it really is Jordan's peachies, I think he would have mentioned it a while ago, or other people on the RB forums would have mentioned it by now.

I mean it wasn't an "idea" that it was Jordan's peachies; they are his.They were here first, and as Jordan said, he manually made them. People on RB forums can, and might have referenced it, but knowing how the forums there work (which is I think why this forum, TGF-TheGoodForums, was created in the first place, don't quote me on that) posts can get easily deleted if you disagree with them, or try to call them out on anything the GM's have done. That is exactly the reason why I posted this here and not there, because frankly, I don't want my forum account to be banned for the 6th time for:

"vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified."

Anyway, it was just a thought and an observation. I'm actually certain that Jordan and a few others knew about it (I didn't know about that page that Gabby linked) but to quote you, I don't think the GM's would want to ask Jordan for permission because it's basically two forum pages competing (in my opinion). They wouldn't get in trouble for it because they were just images that Jordan made himself, not really copyrighted or anything.

But if Jordan said he's not angry, then I guess there's nothing left to discuss.

Couture
Administrator
Premium Donator
Administrator

Postby Couture » November 25th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Locking thread ;Angl
Gabzie ♥ Jordan
"Life isn't a spectator sport. If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your life go by without you."

Signature Credits to: tgfcoder (my love♥).

Return to Audition